Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => Sports => Let's Talk Beckham
Poll Question: Do you agree that Beckham is overrated?
Yes
 
50% (8 votes)
No
 
37.5% (6 votes)
Who's Beckham?!
 
12.5% (2 votes)
Total Votes: 16
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 182 (10%)
Posts: 13418
Points: 746401.7
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 12:51 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:44 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 10:03 am, Ben21 wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 6:37 am, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 4:37 am, Ryan wrote:
Yea? And the US team didn't even win a game. Better watch out for Chile, Bolivia, and Peru too.

Anyway, do you even want to talk about Beckham? You seem more intent on defending Brazil than your reasons for disliking Beckham.

You're the one who brought up Brazil.

While it's true that David has awesome bending skills and crossing skills he's a horrid tackler and rarely ever scores in open play. He free kick goals are a dime a dozen. He reminds me of Juninho. A player similar to Beckham. Except, IMO more deadly in free kicks but you don't see him getting 50 mill a year.


If you knew anything about football you could never say Beckham is a bad player. His return to the England squad has turned the teams fortunes around and if I was half as a good footballer as him myself I'd be really happy.

How exactly has England's fortunes been turned?They drew with Brazil and Beckham had one great moment in that game but England's true star was Steven Gerrard. And I never said Beckham was a bad player I said he's overrated. You may wanna keep putting yourself down Ben, but the fact of the matter is Beckham has never done anything great enoguh to ever make as much money as he is making now.


When you have played a professional football match I shall respect your comments.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 12:51 pm
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 182 (10%)
Posts: 13418
Points: 746401.7
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 3:10 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:51 pm, Ryan wrote:
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.


I couldn't have said it better myself.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 4:47 pm
8 minutes in to the match, Beckham has two assists.. seriously.
Nyall

Level 37 (90%)
Posts: 7095
Points: 10154.8
Since: 16/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:41 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:51 pm, Ryan wrote:
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.

But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 182 (10%)
Posts: 13418
Points: 746401.7
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:45 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:51 pm, Ryan wrote:
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.

But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.


Its called football actually which any of those players would tell you!

Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:45 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

He's scored in 3 World Cups. No one else from England has ever done that. He can and does score.

On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.

1.) I never said he was the face of soccer.
2.) I never said he was better than Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. You said he's the most overrated soccer player ever and I simply disagreed. You're jumping to conclusions all over the place..
Nyall

Level 37 (90%)
Posts: 7095
Points: 10154.8
Since: 16/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:50 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:45 pm, Ben21 wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:51 pm, Ryan wrote:
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.

But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.


Its called football actually which any of those players would tell you!


I know it's called football but since this is an AMERICAN sports forum it would be wise to call it soccer so the AMERICAN users don't get confused with it and American football.
Nyall

Level 37 (90%)
Posts: 7095
Points: 10154.8
Since: 16/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:52 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:45 pm, Ryan wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

He's scored in 3 World Cups. No one else from England has ever done that. He can and does score.

But England isn't the entire world is it? Ronaldo is the World Cups top scorer.

On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:45 pm, Ryan wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Forget it then.

On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:45 pm, Ryan wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.

1.) I never said he was the face of soccer.
2.) I never said he was better than Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. You said he's the most overrated soccer player ever and I simply disagreed. You're jumping to conclusions all over the place..

I never said you said it. But it is a fact.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 182 (10%)
Posts: 13418
Points: 746401.7
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:54 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:50 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:45 pm, Ben21 wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:51 pm, Ryan wrote:
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.

But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.


Its called football actually which any of those players would tell you!


I know it's called football but since this is an AMERICAN sports forum it would be wise to call it soccer so the AMERICAN users don't get confused with it and American football.


Its not actaully an American sports forum. The forums are for members from every country.
Nyall

Level 37 (90%)
Posts: 7095
Points: 10154.8
Since: 16/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 5:59 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:54 pm, Ben21 wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:50 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:45 pm, Ben21 wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:41 pm, Nyall wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 12:51 pm, Ryan wrote:
Beckham is the best dead ball / set piece player ever. There isn't a position for that.

But like you said soccer isn't a sport based on scoring. Beckham is far from being a complete player!

Also, if Beckham wasn't so marketable and possessed the same skill he currently has do you think LA Galaxy would have paid so much for him?!

Can you please explain what has David done more of than players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Gerrard. To be the called the face of soccer.


Its called football actually which any of those players would tell you!


I know it's called football but since this is an AMERICAN sports forum it would be wise to call it soccer so the AMERICAN users don't get confused with it and American football.


Its not actaully an American sports forum. The forums are for members from every country.

But it's an American website. It doesn't matter where the users are from. For example. If Chelsea had no English men and only Italians would you call Chelsea an Italian team?
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 6:16 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:52 pm, Nyall wrote:
But England isn't the entire world is it? Ronaldo is the World Cups top scorer.

And?

I don't see how any of this is relevant and I'm getting tired of it. You have yet to even state why you think Beckham is the most overrated soccer player ever. That's a powerful statement that shouldn't be made unless you have a good reason why.. and I don't think you do.

I'm thinking this is just you not liking him. And if that's the case, I'm done here.
Nyall

Level 37 (90%)
Posts: 7095
Points: 10154.8
Since: 16/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, August 18th 2007 at 8:06 pm
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 6:16 pm, Ryan wrote:
On Saturday, August 18th 2007 5:52 pm, Nyall wrote:
But England isn't the entire world is it? Ronaldo is the World Cups top scorer.

And?

I don't see how any of this is relevant and I'm getting tired of it. You have yet to even state why you think Beckham is the most overrated soccer player ever. That's a powerful statement that shouldn't be made unless you have a good reason why.. and I don't think you do.

I'm thinking this is just you not liking him. And if that's the case, I'm done here.

I have stated myself why I feel he's the most overrated player ever you don't like them so whatever/ But you have no reasons for calling the Brazilian National Team overrated because they're a hell of a lot better than Germany.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, August 20th 2007 at 9:55 pm
Ah, it's ok for you to say Beckham is overrated but it's not ok for me to say Brazil is overrated. I suppose that makes sense because your a fan. There's no point arguing a point then.

Lets see.. Germany finished 3rd place in the 2006 World Cup. Where did Brazil finish?
Nyall

Level 37 (90%)
Posts: 7095
Points: 10154.8
Since: 16/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, August 21st 2007 at 6:54 am
On Monday, August 20th 2007 9:55 pm, Ryan wrote:
Ah, it's ok for you to say Beckham is overrated but it's not ok for me to say Brazil is overrated. I suppose that makes sense because your a fan. There's no point arguing a point then.

Lets see.. Germany finished 3rd place in the 2006 World Cup. Where did Brazil finish?

You're the one saying that I have no reasoning for calling Beckham overrated. So I'm saying you have no reason for calling Brazil overrated. How the hell did Germany get into this?! But anyway I seem to remember a certain Germany losing 2-0 to Brazil in 2002 in the world cup finals.
1 | 2 | 3

Doctor Who - New Series Leak

Parts of five different scripts from the new series of Doctor Who have been leaked online, before..

Big Brother UK: New Task Forcing Housemates to Work Together

Based on a compatibility test, the Housemates are paired up and compete..

5th Judge For The X Factor?

This year's X Factor could be about to get another new fifth judge for the live shows along with a..