Reading: "JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters" by James W. Douglas
I'm not very far into this JFK book; so far I've only read the preface, introduction and part of the third chapter but I can see that it's an important book. A lot of Cold War background with new information, I think everyone should read this book, it's a very intriguing look at the times.
Why Kennedy was killed. (per book)
1. Pissed off the CIA ( Bay of Pigs)
2. Pissed off the Joint Chiefs of Staff. (Cuban Missile Crises)
3. Pissed off CIA, and JCS (with American University speech calling for peace)
4. Pissed off everybody with Test Ban Treaty (In Moscow - OMG!! )
5. JFK and Castro were making peace overtures.
In other words PO'd the Military-Indurstrial-Complex. President Eisenhower had warned the country against their influence before JFK took office.
Oswald WAS a CIA patsy. (and a spy sent to Russia pretending to be an American defector) I was in high school when Kennedy was killed. Real history is totally fascinating not to mention very different from the school propaganda crap.