Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => Suggestions => The Idea Thread
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Posts: 21662
Points: 132353.6
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, May 23rd 2007 at 4:35 pm
I have a suggestion that is more historical than current. I have a book which lists the TV schedule for every year (my book goes to 1998, but I am sure the later years could be found). Maybe we can have a section which shows that...each prime time schedule that has ever existed, shown in a grid form. It really is interesting to see what shows went against each other and I like to try and figure out what I would have watched each night way back in the olden days. It also wouldn't be that hard to create. Its just a grid with originally the 3 networks listing shows from 7 - 11 pm. Once the grid is made, all the new shows could fill themselves in automatically since we have their times and days listed.

A Sample I found in Wiki.

Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 183
Posts: 13431
Points: 756958.7
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, May 24th 2007 at 3:05 am
On Wednesday, May 23rd 2007 4:35 pm, Me wrote:
I have a suggestion that is more historical than current. I have a book which lists the TV schedule for every year (my book goes to 1998, but I am sure the later years could be found). Maybe we can have a section which shows that...each prime time schedule that has ever existed, shown in a grid form. It really is interesting to see what shows went against each other and I like to try and figure out what I would have watched each night way back in the olden days. It also wouldn't be that hard to create. Its just a grid with originally the 3 networks listing shows from 7 - 11 pm. Once the grid is made, all the new shows could fill themselves in automatically since we have their times and days listed.

A Sample I found in Wiki.



A problem with this is that many overseas schedules change every few months and in some cases shows air on different days and at various times in different weeks.
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Posts: 21662
Points: 132353.6
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, May 24th 2007 at 7:17 am
The way my book does it is they only list the Fall schedule, which in the US lasts till May, unless a show is canceled. But they just concentrated on the schedule for the season's opening. I can see my example did it that way too.

Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 183
Posts: 13431
Points: 756958.7
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, May 24th 2007 at 10:18 am
On Thursday, May 24th 2007 7:17 am, Me wrote:
The way my book does it is they only list the Fall schedule, which in the US lasts till May, unless a show is canceled. But they just concentrated on the schedule for the season's opening. I can see my example did it that way too.




The problem is that very few other countries have a schedule that works in a similar way to America's. Most countries have new shows starting in virtually every week of the year and many of these shows have ten or less episodes per year.
MacDeacon
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (99%)
Posts: 5434
Points: 34079.5
Mood: still waiting... even more disgruntled
Since: 05/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, May 24th 2007 at 6:11 pm
On Thursday, May 24th 2007 10:18 am, Ben21 wrote:
On Thursday, May 24th 2007 7:17 am, Me wrote:
The way my book does it is they only list the Fall schedule, which in the US lasts till May, unless a show is canceled. But they just concentrated on the schedule for the season's opening. I can see my example did it that way too.




The problem is that very few other countries have a schedule that works in a similar way to America's. Most countries have new shows starting in virtually every week of the year and many of these shows have ten or less episodes per year.


I think I have the same book, and today's schedules don't really follow the same format either. In fact, looking at the individual series, they changed days of the week and/or broadcast times in the middle of seasons. Today's shows premiere in July, September, January and other odd months.
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Posts: 21662
Points: 132353.6
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, May 25th 2007 at 5:49 am
It's called "The Complete Directory of Primetime Television." I highly recommend it.
MacDeacon
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (99%)
Posts: 5434
Points: 34079.5
Mood: still waiting... even more disgruntled
Since: 05/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, May 25th 2007 at 8:05 am
Yes, indeed.
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Posts: 21662
Points: 132353.6
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 29th 2007 at 6:21 am
We need to be able to correct wrong entries in the crew without deleting the names. I have found names added as a episodes writer which should have been teleplay. In order to fix this I need to delete the name and reenter it, which is unnecessary when the name was correct and just the credit was wrong.
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18191
Points: 6809.9
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 29th 2007 at 2:29 pm
Maybe the screen cap could appear in the episode guide page, next to the sumarry, instead of just the episode page.
CZ.Fox
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 18 (2%)
Posts: 142
Points: 11846.5
Mood: in a big working rush
Since: 08/Jul/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, June 19th 2007 at 9:54 am
Would it be possible to add My Notes to top menu under My TVRage? I use it quite a lot.. or... maybe, better thing would be to show the whole My TVRage+Contribution left menu like it is on main page... Under shows/people it's not available
TakinBackSubway

Level 1 (4%)
Posts: 20
Points: 0.4
Since: 19/Jun/07
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 20th 2007 at 12:22 pm
Adding a "New Members/Introduction" forum. More or less an area where we can introduce ourselves and get help.
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18191
Points: 6809.9
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 20th 2007 at 12:40 pm
On Wednesday, June 20th 2007 12:22 pm, TakinBackSubway wrote:
Adding a "New Members/Introduction" forum. More or less an area where we can introduce ourselves and get help.

We used to have a thread in the Off-Topic section. You can introduce yourself in the Bored Section, and if you need help, you can always post a thread in the Help and Support.


BTW, I like your name.

Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Posts: 21662
Points: 132353.6
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, June 23rd 2007 at 6:06 am
Maybe a place in the guides for alternate showings. Since I have been adding to the TV guide section I noticed that a lot of shows are repeated later in the same week. Such as today NBC has America's Got Talent on again, showing the same episode that was on Tuesday night. Same with Naked Brothers, Little People, Big World and IFL Battleground. It would be nice to know when it can be seen again in case we miss it the first time.
CZ.Fox
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 18 (2%)
Posts: 142
Points: 11846.5
Mood: in a big working rush
Since: 08/Jul/06
Message Posted On Saturday, June 23rd 2007 at 6:24 am
On Saturday, June 23rd 2007 6:06 am, Me wrote:
Maybe a place in the guides for alternate showings. Since I have been adding to the TV guide section I noticed that a lot of shows are repeated later in the same week. Such as today NBC has America's Got Talent on again, showing the same episode that was on Tuesday night. Same with Naked Brothers, Little People, Big World and IFL Battleground. It would be nice to know when it can be seen again in case we miss it the first time.


Agree, for TV schedule it's a good idea. But it must be marked somehow of course that such airdate is re-run. It would also need to allow more TV networks per country in Alternate airdates, if it is not yet available.
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18191
Points: 6809.9
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, July 6th 2007 at 11:47 pm
When a episode has a screencap, the screencap should replace the main picture for the main page schedule.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67

Big Brother - The Latest Nominations Revealed

The latest set of nominations in the house has resulted in a total of just three..

Comic-Con 2014: John Carroll Lynch Cast as New 'American Horror Story' Villain

There is a lot of exciting news coming out of..

ITV's New Season of Drama - New Faces, New Stories, New Drama

A new trailer from UK Network, ITV, "the home of drama" has been..