Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => TV Talk => Shows With Bad/Stupid Names
FourWalls

Level 10 (31%)
Posts: 122
Points: 3016.3
Mood: Researching
Since: 21/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 at 6:57 pm
While the show may have been good, the TITLE of 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter was NOT. I think they realized that and just lowered the title to 8 Simple Rules...but that wasn't much of an improvement.
Domo-Kun

Level 2 (87%)
Posts: 640
Points: 17.9
Since: 02/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 at 7:22 pm
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 6:50 pm, SultanPeppershaker wrote:
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

That's so corny it makes me want to vomit. *-)


Oh, god, I agree.
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18192
Points: 6810.6
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 at 2:23 am
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 7:22 pm, Domo-Kun wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 6:50 pm, SultanPeppershaker wrote:
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

That's so corny it makes me want to vomit. *-)


Oh, god, I agree.

Is of Zack and Cody necessary? Disney loves their puns though.

Phil of the Future is a bit corny too.
SultanPeppershaker

Level 52 (72%)
Posts: 19450
Points: 831.5
Mood: fubsy
Since: 24/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 at 3:11 am
On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 2:23 am, andrew wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 7:22 pm, Domo-Kun wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 6:50 pm, SultanPeppershaker wrote:
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

That's so corny it makes me want to vomit. *-)
Oh, god, I agree.
Is of Zack and Cody necessary? Disney loves their puns though.

Phil of the Future is a bit corny too.
Disney doesn't do a very good job of thinking of show names.

I mean, Naturally, Sadie? What is this, the Disney version of Suddenly, Susan??
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18192
Points: 6810.6
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 at 6:22 am
Instant Star...

South of Nowhere(It takes place in California, so assuming that Nowhere is Oregon just insults the whole state)

The Emperor's New School (The Emperor's New thing gets a little old..couldn't you call it something simpler, like Kuzco Academy)...

Rocko's Modern Life...well, I don't think it's stupid anymore, but before I could read ''Modern'' back when I was 5 or 6, I thought the theme song said "Rocko's Mother's Life". So when I still thought that was the title, it didn't make sense to me..Rocko's Mother's LIfe..Rocko's mom was briefly mentioned in one or two episodes...ugh...that's 6 year old Andrew for you.

And any show that's like "The [Insert first and last name here] Show" It's just annoys me.
Lionheart08

Level 2 (40%)
Posts: 255
Points: 255
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 at 11:55 am
On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 3:11 am, SultanPeppershaker wrote:
On Thursday, June 22nd 2006 2:23 am, andrew wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 7:22 pm, Domo-Kun wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 6:50 pm, SultanPeppershaker wrote:
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

That's so corny it makes me want to vomit. *-)
Oh, god, I agree.
Is of Zack and Cody necessary? Disney loves their puns though.

Phil of the Future is a bit corny too.
Disney doesn't do a very good job of thinking of show names.

I mean, Naturally, Sadie? What is this, the Disney version of Suddenly, Susan??


That's So Raven also ^o)
TVoholic

Level 37 (66%)
Posts: 4285
Points: 5274.6
Mood: morose
Since: 20/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, June 23rd 2006 at 1:49 pm
Girls Behaving Badly

Seems like a double entendre, doesn't it?
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Friday, June 23rd 2006 at 10:54 pm
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 6:57 pm, FourWalls wrote:
While the show may have been good, the TITLE of 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter was NOT. I think they realized that and just lowered the title to 8 Simple Rules...but that wasn't much of an improvement.

What exactly are the rules anyway... Does anyone know?
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18192
Points: 6810.6
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, June 23rd 2006 at 11:31 pm
On Friday, June 23rd 2006 10:54 pm, nishikaze wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21st 2006 6:57 pm, FourWalls wrote:
While the show may have been good, the TITLE of 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter was NOT. I think they realized that and just lowered the title to 8 Simple Rules...but that wasn't much of an improvement.

What exactly are the rules anyway... Does anyone know?

Um..this is a guess, but "No sleeping with my daughter"
holophonor
(Forum Moderator)

Level 43 (58%)
Posts: 11108
Points: 4362.9
Mood: dizzy
Since: 30/Nov/05
Message Posted On Saturday, June 24th 2006 at 12:09 am
On Friday, June 23rd 2006 10:54 pm, nishikaze wrote:
What exactly are the rules anyway... Does anyone know?

W. Bruce Cameron can tell you.
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Saturday, June 24th 2006 at 5:03 am
On Saturday, June 24th 2006 12:09 am, holophonor wrote:
On Friday, June 23rd 2006 10:54 pm, nishikaze wrote:
What exactly are the rules anyway... Does anyone know?

W. Bruce Cameron can tell you.

These are pretty funny anyway.
ACNeilsen

Level 2 (38%)
Posts: 8
Points: 485.3
Since: 18/May/06
Message Posted On Saturday, June 24th 2006 at 7:15 pm
In the 1970s, the BBC had a comedy called, "Oh No! It's Selwyn Froggit!" Clearly his parents hated him from the moment of birth.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Posts: 4188
Points: 4373.9
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, June 24th 2006 at 7:22 pm
On Saturday, June 24th 2006 7:15 pm, ACNeilsen wrote:
In the 1970s, the BBC had a comedy called, "Oh No! It's Selwyn Froggit!" Clearly his parents hated him from the moment of birth.

ROFL! ^o^
YuckieDuck

Level 3 (73%)
Posts: 23
Points: 767
Since: 25/Apr/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, June 27th 2006 at 1:26 pm
On Thursday, June 15th 2006 9:13 pm, Piggie8 wrote:
Boobah or Teletubbies. End of conversation.


Balamory is an even worse title, especially with that rhyming and childish song.
mmmboots9

Level 2 (17%)
Posts: 142
Points: 120.3
Since: 10/Mar/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 28th 2006 at 1:38 pm
As much as I love the show itself, I have to say Roseanne. Seriously, what kind of idiot gets a TV Show named after themself?
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

A&E Orders Reality Series Starring The Lachey Brothers

Reality shows from stars in popular culture are all the rage now a days...

Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart's 'HeyUSA' heading to The Scene

Condé Nast Entertainment today announced that Astronauts..

'CSI: Cyber' Press Release from CBS

HIP-HOP ARTIST, TELEVISION HOST AND ACTOR SHAD MOSS,a.k.a. BOW WOW, JOINS THE CAST OF..