Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => TV Talk => Favorite Sci-Fi
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, October 2nd 2006 at 7:53 pm
On Thursday, September 28th 2006 2:19 pm, Cokebeard wrote:
Battlestar Galactica

The original?
TVoholic

Level 37 (66%)
Posts: 4285
Points: 5274.6
Mood: morose
Since: 20/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 4th 2006 at 7:18 pm
LOL! Fo the past few days, Stargate: Infinity reached the top of the stats page!


I guess Futurama, Kyle XY and Smallville are kinda sci-fi. I like them just as well as the others I posted.
Cokebeard
(Editor)

Level 42 (53%)
Posts: 8320
Points: 11426.7
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 4th 2006 at 9:09 pm
On Monday, October 2nd 2006 7:53 pm, nishikaze wrote:
On Thursday, September 28th 2006 2:19 pm, Cokebeard wrote:
Battlestar Galactica

The original?

i meant the newer one, but i do watch the original when it's on sci-fi. it gets a bad rap.
Zarius
(Editor)

Level 23 (34%)
Posts: 658
Points: 4555.4
Since: 08/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 4th 2006 at 11:50 pm
Other way around most of the time, though both the original and the modern version are completly different but have the same concept, and both are just as good as the other.
Aramis
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 50 (82%)
Posts: 4502
Points: 22258.1
Mood: froggy
Since: 17/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, October 5th 2006 at 4:30 pm
I have too many, like you didn't see this coming. ^o)

Treks
Quantum Leap
Sliders
Red Dwarf
Doctor Who (all of them)
Blake's 7
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
BSG (both)
SG1
SGA
Tripods
Outer Limits (both versions - somewhat scifi)
Twilight Zone (both versions - somewhat scifi)
Alien Nation
War of the Worlds
V
Farscape
LEXX
Earth 2
Firefly
Highlander: The Series (yes, some consider it scifi)
Lost in Space
X-Files
Millenium
Mork and Mindy
Poltergeist : The Legacy
Seaquest DSV
The Six Million Dollar Man
Space : Above and Beyond
Space 1999
3rd Rock from the Sun
The Invisible Man (all versions)
Babylon 5
The Visitor
Crusade
Earth : Final Conflict
The Prisoner (somewhat scifi)
The Planet of the Apes series

That's all I can think of right now.
After_the_Ashes

Level 1 (63%)
Posts: 54
Points: 4.1
Since: 29/Jun/06
Message Posted On Thursday, October 5th 2006 at 9:02 pm
Is it ok to add sci-fi animes to my list?

Does Dead Like Me count?

If it is, I'll add:

Ghost in a Shell
BIG-O
Gundams [preferably the bayblade meets wrestling nestled with stereotypes G Gundam]

movies:

Never Ending Storys
That movie with the unicorns and if u cut the horn, it dies or something
SpaceBalls
The Final Fantasy movie...forgot the rest of the title, but I love it
Galaxy Quest
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heavens Door

manga:

Les Bojenix
Bastard!! [manga better then show, IMO]
Arm of Cannon

Books:
ST: Titan [Rikers in Space!]
ST: TOS: Vanguard

BTW, ANY REMEMBER ALL THE COOL 80'S SCI-FI MOVIES DISNEY USED TO PLAY DURING THE 90'S?! WTF HAPPENED!!
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 12:37 am
On Wednesday, October 4th 2006 9:09 pm, Cokebeard wrote:
On Monday, October 2nd 2006 7:53 pm, nishikaze wrote:
On Thursday, September 28th 2006 2:19 pm, Cokebeard wrote:
Battlestar Galactica

The original?

i meant the newer one, but i do watch the original when it's on sci-fi. it gets a bad rap.

The new one has a horrible rap. On this one forum I've seen the popular quote is:

"The Cylons have a plan... If only they would tell the writers."
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 12:39 am
On Thursday, October 5th 2006 4:30 pm, xGowronx wrote:
I have too many, like you didn't see this coming. ^o)

Treks
Quantum Leap
Sliders
Red Dwarf
Doctor Who (all of them)
Blake's 7
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
BSG (both)
SG1
SGA
Tripods
Outer Limits (both versions - somewhat scifi)
Twilight Zone (both versions - somewhat scifi)
Alien Nation
War of the Worlds
V
Farscape
LEXX
Earth 2
Firefly
Highlander: The Series (yes, some consider it scifi)
Lost in Space
X-Files
Millenium
Mork and Mindy
Poltergeist : The Legacy
Seaquest DSV
The Six Million Dollar Man
Space : Above and Beyond
Space 1999
3rd Rock from the Sun
The Invisible Man (all versions)
Babylon 5
The Visitor
Crusade
Earth : Final Conflict
The Prisoner (somewhat scifi)
The Planet of the Apes series

That's all I can think of right now.

What no Alien Nation?

I have seen anyone reference V in over a decade.
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 12:43 am
On Thursday, October 5th 2006 9:02 pm, After_the_Ashes wrote:





That movie with the unicorns and if u cut the horn, it dies or something The Last Unicorn
The Final Fantasy movie There were two. The Spirits Within and Advent Children



Hope that helps.
Cokebeard
(Editor)

Level 42 (53%)
Posts: 8320
Points: 11426.7
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 7:04 am
On Saturday, October 7th 2006 12:37 am, nishikaze wrote:
On Wednesday, October 4th 2006 9:09 pm, Cokebeard wrote:
On Monday, October 2nd 2006 7:53 pm, nishikaze wrote:
On Thursday, September 28th 2006 2:19 pm, Cokebeard wrote:
Battlestar Galactica

The original?

i meant the newer one, but i do watch the original when it's on sci-fi. it gets a bad rap.

The new one has a horrible rap. On this one forum I've seen the popular quote is:

"The Cylons have a plan... If only they would tell the writers."

i dig the new one... a lot. it's dark and i like that in my sci-fi. also, people want instant gratification in tv these days. i like a show that tells a story. most don't want a lot of character developement, just a bunch of mindless shooting and space scenes.
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Posts: 6780
Points: 1155.7
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 10:44 am
On Saturday, October 7th 2006 7:04 am, Cokebeard wrote:

i dig the new one... a lot. it's dark and i like that in my sci-fi. also, people want instant gratification in tv these days. i like a show that tells a story. most don't want a lot of character developement, just a bunch of mindless shooting and space scenes.

I think it would have been fine had they called it anything other then Battlestar Galactica. And if they fixed the multiple huge plot holes they keep leaving in the script. But they go and misrepresent the show to the fans of the old show by calling it Galactica when they completely ignore the ship that is it's namesake. That in itself was a travesty. But to each their own.
Cokebeard
(Editor)

Level 42 (53%)
Posts: 8320
Points: 11426.7
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 4:23 pm
one man's plot hole is another man's plot twist.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 185 (57%)
Posts: 13453
Points: 786130.5
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 4:36 pm
The only sci-fi I watch is Doctor Who.
Cokebeard
(Editor)

Level 42 (53%)
Posts: 8320
Points: 11426.7
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, October 7th 2006 at 6:31 pm
On Saturday, October 7th 2006 4:36 pm, Ben21 wrote:
The only sci-fi I watch is Doctor Who.

the second season just started last week here. the first two episodes have been really good. especially the last one about the werewolf. i like the season one doctor more, but the new guy is quickly growing on me.
Aramis
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 50 (82%)
Posts: 4502
Points: 22258.1
Mood: froggy
Since: 17/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, October 8th 2006 at 6:41 pm
On Saturday, October 7th 2006 12:39 am, nishikaze wrote:

What no Alien Nation?

I have seen anyone reference V in over a decade.


Of course!! I loved the movie as well as the tv show.

V might be abit cheesy compared to some of today\'s scifi, but I still think it is a really cool show. It was one of my favourite things as a kid.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Brian Van Holt Leaving 'Cougar Town' Early

As ‘Cougar Town’ prepares for its final season on TBS, news has emerged that..

Channel 4 Commissions Drama-Doc, 'Cyber Bully' - Starring 'Game of Thrones' Actress, Maisie Williams

Channel 4 has commissioned..

Nadine Coyle Appears on Good Morning Britain

Former Girls Aloud star, Nadine Coyle, spoke to Good Morning Britain today about her..