The Good Wife, the hit CBS drama staring Julianna Margulies, Chris Noth and Christine Baranski, is loading up on star power for its fourth season, which is scheduled to debut on September 30th at 9 p.m. EST.
The new faces, and descriptions of who they will play, include:
- Rita Wilson - Wilson, the wife of Tom Hanks, returns as Viola Walsh. She played Walsh in three season 3 episodes.
- Maura Tierney - The ER and Liar, Liar vet will play an unnamed character that is a "self-made millionaire who has become the doyenne of Chicago Democratic politics."
- Nathan Lane - The Broadway star will play a "bottom line-obsessed manager imposed on Lockhart & Gardner by the bank to cut costs and get the firm back to fiscal health."
- Dominic Chianese - The Sopranos vet will play a veteran judge with knowledge of computer programming.
- Kristin Chenoweth - The Broadway star of "Wicked"/singer will play a top political reporter digging deeper into campaigns and marriages.
The Good Wife deals with Alicia Florrick (Margulies) dealing with her husband Peter's (Noth) incarceration due to a public sex and corruption scandal. It is loosely based on the Eliot Spitzer scandal, as well as other scandals such as Bill Clinton's and John Edwards'.
What do you think of these guest stars?
Source: Huffington Post