Warning: Chuck Lorre Will Continue To Create Sitcoms

If you are one of the millions of people who can't get enough of CBS' formulaic but popular sitcoms, this should be good news: Warner Bros. TV is renewing its overall deal with Chuck Lorre, creator of top-rated shows such as Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, and Dharma & Greg.

Chuck Lorre

In addition to a mountain of cash, Deadline reports that the company is offering him a four-year deal—usually reserved for top writer-producers like JJ Abrams and Greg Berlanti—as well as the opportunity to strike out into feature films for the first time. That's a huge turnaround from ten years ago, when Lorre's future at the studio was in doubt as he was in the final year of an expensive pact that had not produced any television series. Before his deal expired in 2003, Lorre co-created Two And A Half Men with writer/producer Lee Aronsohn and solidified his standing with Warner Bros. TV, following that hit with The Big Bang Theory in 2007 and Mike & Molly in 2010.

Prior to this, Lorre was a writer on the hit show Roseanne and created the successful sitcoms Grace Under Fire, Cybill, and Dharma & Greg. While his name was familiar to more studious followers of the television industry, Lorre was thrown into the headlines in 2011 during a very public dispute with Two And A Half Men star Charlie Sheen that ended with the out-of-control actor exiting the series and being replaced by Ashton Kutcher.

Are you looking forward to Chuck Lorre's next sitcom creation?

- Two and a Half Men
- The Big Bang Theory
- Chuck Lorre
- CBS

Written by: Chrononaut
Aug 20th, 2012, 8:18 am

Hamatosan

Since: 02/Aug/12
Message Posted On Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:30 pm

Absolutely not.

Message Posted On Aug 21st, 2012, 2:40 am
Theory is a must see. Mike & Molly not so much, but it have it's moments for sure. Don't watch 2.5 men (stars wasn't aligned for that i guess).
tinalessia

Since: 12/Oct/07
Message Posted On Aug 20th, 2012, 4:38 pm

I'd sacrifice almost anything but BBT..One of the funniest shows around and definitley on my top 5 over all. I'd give any of his shows a chance at least.

dlockjaw

Since: 08/Dec/08
Message Posted On Aug 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm

I'm a big fan of Mr. Lorre. Even his older series were each funny in their own way; mostly because of the off beat characters which inhabit them. I also found his use of "vanity cards" at the end of each episode to be truly inspired and a great way to let true fans have a little peek at how his mind works outside of the structure of the sitcom.

All that being said, I'm delighted he was given such a prestigious contract. I'm looking forward to many new shows in the future.

msd85
(Crazed Contributor)

Points: 17714
Message Posted On Aug 20th, 2012, 8:47 am

I'm not a fan of Two and a Half Men, but I find Big Bang Theory to be quite funny.