Person of Interest Season 2: New Promo Reveals Why Root Kidnapped Finch

Person of Interest's first season ended with a cliffhanger: Finch (Michael Emerson) was kidnapped by rival hacker Root (Amy Acker), leaving Reese (Jim Caviezel) to try and find him. In the final moments of the season one finale, Reese addressed the Machine directly, imploring it for help in finding Finch. And, surprisingly, the Machine appeared to respond.

Season 2 looks like it will be all about the growing sentience of the Machine -- which, as it turns out, is also the reason that Root kidnapped Finch. In a new promo for the season 2 premiere episode, "The Contingency," Root explains to Finch her interest in him.

"I've been waiting for you my whole life," she tells him, though he's not really flattered, considering that she's a "murderer and a thief."

"You've created an intelligence, a life," Root passionately tells him.

"What I made is just a machine," Finch argues.

Looks like Root might just be on Finch's side after all. Meanwhile, Reese is continuing to search for the duo, along with the week's POI (Ken Leung). “I know you got the rules, but I’m guessing they don’t account for everybody being dead," Reese tells the Machine.

Looks like season 2 of Person of Interest is going to be doing a rare thing for a procedural: it's going to change up the very fundamental concept of the series. Sounds pretty awesome, right? I know I'm intrigued.

Check out the promo below.

The Person of Interest season 2 premiere, “The Contingency,” premieres Thursday, September 27 on CBS.

- Person of Interest
- Michael Emerson
- CBS

Written by: mcpherson
Sep 8th, 2012, 3:40 am

lito

Message Posted On Sep 14th, 2012, 3:27 am
"person of interest" is my new "24"
msd85
(Crazed Contributor)

Message Posted On Sep 8th, 2012, 4:50 pm

Any relation to who Tina? (I assume you're addressing me with that last bit.)

tinalessia

Since: 12/Oct/07
Message Posted On Sep 8th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Amen to both of you. I was the same, wasn't expecting much at first. Oh and by the way Mr. Editor..any relation?

dlockjaw

Since: 08/Dec/08
Message Posted On Sep 8th, 2012, 1:22 pm

This is an absolutely phenomenal show. The very idea of a change up is the kind of thing more shows should embrace. I'm totally excited and can't wait for season 2 to begin.

msd85
(Crazed Contributor)

Message Posted On Sep 8th, 2012, 3:58 am

I am so excited for POI's return. When I watched the pilot last year, I wasn't really expecting that much, just maybe a fun action show. To my suprise, I loved it, and haven't missed a single episode.