Attention, parents of young kids: you know you're going to be watching Sesame Street anyway, so why not find out which stars of television and film will be visiting the venerable children's program on PBS? The Street will be entering its 43rd season on September 24, and here's a rundown of just a few of the folks who will be strolling down Sesame Street this season:
- While she will also be introducing Elmo to her newly adopted son Jackson, Charlize Theron dons a pair of fairy wings to teach Abby Cadabby the meaning of the word "jealous."
- The man who accepted the mantle of the bat in this summer's The Dark Knight Rises, Joseph Gordon-Levitt brought his mother along on the visit. He will teach the word "reinforce" to Murray in a skit where the Looper star places his prized watch in a box and allows Murray to bang away with a hammer.
- Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet claims that agreeing to appear on Sesame Street is "the easiest yes to say in the business." He shot a segment with Abby about the word "remember" and worried that his face was too sweaty.
- Dax Shepard, who stars on NBC's Parenthood, was more than happy to fill in when Castle's Nathan Fillion had to cancel due to injury. He compared it to being on The Late Show with David Letterman and said he was almost ready to retire after this achievement.
- When Don Cheadle found out he would be teaching the word "inflate" to Elmo, he readily agreed to be on the show. "I said, 'who's the puppet?' Cause I have standards. I'm not gonna be with just any puppet like Oscar. I don't need that negativity this early in the morning. They said 'Elmo' and I said, 'yeah! He's the star!'"
- Mad Men star Jon Hamm showed up in a very un-Don Draper-like beard for his appearance with Elmo. Kevin Clash, the puppeteer behind the furry little red character, complimented Hamm on his comedic skills and timing, which he has also put to good use in his hosting gigs on Saturday Night Live.
- Melissa McCarthy of Mike & Molly put in an enthusiastic performance and earned high marks from Kevin Clash for her spirit and joy. He noted that she even added her own impromptu dance moves and expressed his desire to work with her again.
For the full gallery of stars on Sesame Street—including Halle Berry, Kristen Bell, Timothy Olyphant, and Paula Patton—check out EW to have a look.