Michael Schur, one of the executive producers of NBC's Parks and Recreation, spoke to Entertainment Weekly about where the show is heading this season and he revealed some sizable hints.
On tonight's episode, in addition to the returning "character" we posted news about earlier, Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) faces her toughest obstacle yet as a member of the Pawnee City Council - a soda tax designed to discourage residents from enjoying in the tasty, sugary beverages.
“Her actions have a lot more ramifications and there’s a lot more people involved and a lot more power involved,” says Schur. “It’s an early crucible for her to get through and try to figure out whether she has the guts and the fortitude to make it work in the new job. It’s been a long time since Leslie’s been completely at sea and has no idea professionally speaking what to do in a given situation.”
Schur provided 11 teases about where the series is going, but omitted which character they happen to. If you really want to know, scroll to the bottom of the page to find out.
1. “—– has a personal breakthrough thanks to a cowboy hat, and some tough love from —–.”
2. “Champion the three-legged dog may be the only thing that can cheer up —– when he has an emotional breakdown.”
3. “Will —– actually win an award for something? And more importantly, will he care?”
4. “Halloween pranks aren’t always harmless, as —– and —– will learn the hard way.”
5. “—– finds himself contemplating a big career move on the deck of a yacht.”
6. “Why in the world would —– possibly try to destroy a project idea from —–?”
7. “Episode 8 might just be the last we hear from —–.”
8. “—– grabs —–’s wrist so hard, he’ll think twice about food tray etiquette in the future.”
9. “Can —– read all of “50 Shades of Gray” in one afternoon?”
10. “Of all the people to have thrown a well-attended party, who’d have guessed it’d be —–?
11. “Was —– texting when he got into a minor car accident? How dare you, sir! He was tweeting.”
(ANSWERS: 1. Ann/Leslie 2. Chris. 3. Ron 4. Leslie/Ann 5. Ben 6. Leslie/April 7. Burt Macklin 8. Ron/Jean-Ralphio 9. Donna 10. Jerry. 11. Tom)