Apparently TLC, home of such classy programming as Breaking Amish, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and Sister Wives, cannot get enough highbrow entertainment on its schedule. Yesterday the network green lit a new series focused on ex-TLC (the band) member Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins. Now it has announced Starter Wives, a series that will focus on celebrity ex-wives and ex-girlfriends (even if the title makes no sense). Seven women will be focused on, including the exes of 50 Cent, Floyd Mayweather and Lamar Odom-Kardashian.
Four episodes will have ordered and will premiere in early 2013. The production is scheduled to begin this month.
The announced "talent" includes:
- * Zakia Baum: Ex-girlfriend of Jermaine “Maino” Coleman and mother of his son.
- * Cheryl Caruso: Ex-wife of mobster Phillip Caruso and mother of his two daughters.
- * Josie Harris: Ex-girlfriend of Mayweather and mother of his three children.
- * Monica Joseph-Taylor: Soon to be ex-wife of Aston “Funkmaster Flex” Taylor and mother to his two children.
- * Liza Morales: Ex-girlfriend of Odom and mother of his three children.
- * Tashera Simmons: Ex-wife of Earl “DMX” Simmons and mother of four of his children.
- * Shaniqua Tompkins: Ex-girlfriend of Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and mother of his son.
Does this appeal to any of you?