Ron Perlman Talks 'Sons of Anarchy' Big Reveal

The SAMCRO power struggle just got a whole lot more personal.

For some time, violent home invasions had been thought to be the work of a rival gang, making things personal by going after club friends and family. Last night's episode, however, made a shocking revelation: Clay Morrow was the man behind the dirty deeds. Ron Perlman spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about the latest deceit from former SAMCRO head Clay.

Ron Perlman

Perlman professes his innocence in being as unaware of the big twist as viewers. “I actually started off this season trying to play this character in a weakened state, and in a more introspective state... Only to find out later that he’s not taking the time to figure shit out. He’s going to work immediately on correcting these things that he considers to be wrong.”

The power struggle between Jax and Clay will continue to play a big role in the remainder of this season. “There’s a determination on both their parts to settle scores,” Perlman explains. “What this season is going to be is this obsession of Jax’s to try to get the club more in the spirit of the anti-Clay. And the obsession of Clay to try to unearth the fact that Jax is not ready to lead because he’s too much like his dad.”

Expect a dramatic shift in the status quo as a result of the civil war in the motorcycle club, and with the recent unexpected death of long-time member Ryan Hurst's Opie, no one on the cast feels safe.

“I’ve only known for three or four days where I end up in season five,” he says. “I have zero idea where I start out in season six, much less whether I make it to season seven -- I don’t even know if I’ll make it to season six. I really don’t. That’s the cliffhanger of this year. Is that for the first time you are left to wonder, 'what the f---?'”

What do you think of SoA's season so far?

- Sons of Anarchy
- Ron Perlman
- FX

Written by: kyleiam
Oct 17th, 2012, 12:57 am

Message Posted On Jul 29th, 2013, 12:16 am
Yeah the show is great, only problem I have with it is the abundance of conversations - the viewers are getting the same information again and again because various characters have to share the same story to several people. I guess sometimes they have to drag out the plot to make it last till the end of the season, so maybe the writers should look into that. Because everytime something happens we have to witness people finding out about it, passing on the information to someone else, then when they pass it on etc etc. It just feels drawn out. Certain episodes in season 2 were like that for 40 minutes straight, but I'll say its gotten alot better in the last 3. Still kinda fed up about those letters (same story over and over), but there are alot more action and things happening in between conversations than there used to be, which is great.
Skittles

Message Posted On May 31st, 2013, 8:00 pm
My husband and I are hooked on this series. Its one of the greatest ones we have wstched so far. It definitely keeps you on your toes. Awesome!!!!Awesome!!!!
EloarRose

Message Posted On Jan 7th, 2013, 12:01 pm
I love the show, so many twists and turns never really know where next week is going to end up its amazing! I just hope Ron Perlman (CLAY) doesn't get killed off, at first I wanted him to because of all the problems he caused but I'm beginning to think getting rid of him isn't such a great idea!!
fulgrogg

Points: 2
Since: 30/Mar/11
Message Posted On Oct 17th, 2012, 5:01 pm

I love this show. Way better with loooooong story arcs rather then the common CSI "solve a random crime every week" without character development.

Message Posted On Oct 17th, 2012, 4:44 am
it's been a very entertaining series, I love this show.