Justified Season 3 DVD box art and release date revealed

The third season of FX's western (southern?) series Justified was a riveting thirteen hours of television. Sure, it didn't quite reach the peaks that the show's brilliant sophomore season did, but it was still great by itself. Villain Robert Quarles, played to perfection by Neal McDonough, was absolutely terrifying as the season's primary antagonist, while secondary bad guy Ellston Limehouse (Mykelti Williams) was also a threatening enigma. It was certainly a strong season for the series, and placed the series in an interesting direction for its upcoming fourth season (slated to premiere early next year).

If you're looking to get caught up on season 3 (or just want to watch it again, like me), the DVD release of the series is on the way. A release date of December 31 has been locked down for the set, which was originally speculated to hit shelves in January. The box art for the set has also been released, and it's certainly far less intimate than the extreme close-up of the season 2 set.

It is, essentially, the main promotional poster for the third season, featuring Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant) reclining in a piece of lawn furniture, brandishing his gun. It is, essentially, a recolored version of this poster. And you know what? It looks pretty darn cool. Check out the box art below.

What do you think? Will you be grabbing a copy of Justified's third season when it hits shelves on New Year's Eve? You can bet I will be.

Justified season 4 is slated to premiere early next year.

- Justified
- Timothy Olyphant
- FX

Written by: mcpherson
Oct 25th, 2012, 6:28 am

Casanova3869

Message Posted On Jun 18th, 2013, 6:51 am
The best show ever, got me watching TV again, also bought the first two seasons on DVD and I'm still watching it. Must've watched Season 1&2 about ten times now, starting to remember some of the lines...lol. Sad that Season 3 release is so far away. Not smart releasing it the same time the new season starts. I don't know what genious came up with that idea but they ought to fire him/or her. They would've made awesome Christmas gifts and them a lot more money. But idiots are supposed to be born I guess.

Message Posted On Dec 20th, 2012, 10:07 am
Daddy gonna get! Every thing BELOW!(COMMENTS) (:

Message Posted On Dec 20th, 2012, 10:01 am
All the Above!
Loving Husband

Message Posted On Dec 19th, 2012, 2:20 am
Watched the first two seasons by myself. My wife would laugh at my intense interest in the show. Although I knew she would like it if she's watch a couple of shows. So I bought her the first two season for her birthday. Now she is hooked and asking me when is the 3rd season out on DVD

Message Posted On Dec 17th, 2012, 6:09 am
I borrowed season 1 on blu ray from a friend, and then purchased a zone 2 UK DVD set of season 2 which I have just about finished already in the space of a few days because its so good. Can't wait for season 3.

Message Posted On Dec 13th, 2012, 3:24 am
Would have been nice to have the Season 3 release date a bit sooner to have a chance to catch up before Season 4! Some of us can't spent 8 hours in one day watching TV!

Message Posted On Dec 13th, 2012, 2:25 am
I think the release date is stupid. Would've loved to have given it as a Christmas gift.

Message Posted On Dec 4th, 2012, 10:29 pm
this show is awesome just watch season two...cant wait to watch season three!!
Picasso Inc.

Message Posted On Nov 28th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Dude i love this show. All the characters fit well with the actors. i cant wait to get season 3.
bad_subject

Since: 22/Aug/12
Message Posted On Oct 25th, 2012, 6:56 am

DADDY WANT.

Only saw the first two seasons. Loved them. Marking Dec 31 on my calendar.