Amanda Fuller becomes part of 'Last Man Standing' family

It's always a risky move changing the cast members after a show becomes an instant hit in its first season. Producers of Last Man Standing weren't concerned as they welcomed Amanda Fuller to take over as Kristen Baxter on the popular family comedy. So far this season both Kristen and her baby daddy Ryan (who is now played by Jordan Masterson), play a more vital role on the show. Ryan appeared in every episode this season, often clashing with Grandpa Mike about how to vote in the election, but most importantly- how to raise Boyd.

Fans have welcomed Amanda and Jordan so far as the transition has been smooth so far. Despite being cool on screen, Amanda recently told TV Line it was intimidating joining the cast. "[Joining a cast] is always an interesting situation. But they welcomed me with open arms and made me feel extremely comfortable. So, with the new showrunner and–he’s trying to do new things with the show and take things in a new direction where there’s more real issue things…[I felt like] a newbie in a house with energy in it and now I feel like I’ve been there since the beginning. We’re eight episodes in and I just love. I’m having…so much fun."

She explained that it's just like a big family. "Molly Ephraim and Kaitlyn Dever who play my sisters [feel like] the sisters I never had…we’re already bonding and we’re there for each other with stuff." Off screen chemistry always plays a vital role in on-screen chemistry.

Catch Last Man Standing Fridays at 8/7c on ABc.

- Amanda Fuller
- Last Man Standing
- ABC

Written by: mawarner
Nov 13th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Message Posted On Oct 29th, 2013, 5:20 pm
Really liked the first season, second season not so much this show was great now I just don't find as interesting sorry. I'm a big Tim fan but I think the show has taken a turn in the wrong direction. Let's get back to the first season kind if episodes.

Message Posted On Mar 27th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Whoever gave the OK to these cast cjanges should be fired immediately and never be allowed to work again in this industry. "Fans have welcomed Amanda and Jordan so far" WHO ARE THESE FANS?!?! everyone is hating the new daughter and i would be at the top of that list. TERRIBLE changes. you will be lucky if i watch episode 2...IDIOTS

Message Posted On Feb 27th, 2013, 11:07 am
i agree the old cast was perfect...

Message Posted On Feb 22nd, 2013, 4:51 am
I thought it was just me, but Fuller and that loser who plays the baby daddy need a big boot. The original cast was great, bad move by production
Last man still watching!

Message Posted On Feb 8th, 2013, 5:07 pm
I am the lone survivor watching this show. Everyone I know that loved the first season hates the new cast members and have stopped watching. Get rid of masterson and fuller and bring back krosney. Get back to the original season - that was hilarious! Second season - sucks! Quit trying to make a statement and get back to being funny!
jeep girl

Message Posted On Nov 24th, 2012, 11:17 am
Don't know who the "fans" are that you are referring to in your article that have welcomed cast changes, everyone post I've seen says the exact opposite! Sorry Amanda Fuller- you need to go. Comedy is not your thing. ABC do the right thing for your fans and bring back Alexandra Krosney. Kristen was going to college last season & now five years have gone by and she's still a server. What the heck happened there? Please make Amanda stop wearing the ridiculous black tights and boots with her waitress uniform. You've really messed things up!!
Disappointed in Ohio

Message Posted On Nov 24th, 2012, 11:01 am
Bring back the old cast! The show is quickly losing its appeal and just isn't as funny. My kids are complaining they do not like the new Kristen or Ryan. Bad move Last Man Standing! You took a good thing and ruined it. I give you one more season tops before all your viewers are gone. Too bad, it was a really great show, made our family laugh hysterically ever week but not so anymore.

Message Posted On Nov 13th, 2012, 6:47 pm
preferred the old one, show got boring with the new changes