Karin Slaughter’s "Will Trent" book series being turned into three television movies

Karin Slaughter is a very successful author, with over 17 million books in print in over 30 languages, of the “Will Trent” fiction series which has struck a chord with Swedish film production company Yellow Bird (responsible for turning The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo into three popular Swedish films). Yellow Bird has recently decided to expand their niche from the Scandinavian crime genre to more international films and releases, and they plan to begin with Slaughter’s book series.

Book cover for Karin Slaughter's novel "Triptych"Yellow Bird has bought the rights to the book series and plans to shoot three television films based in Atlanta. The films will follow the order of the book series, beginning with ‘TripTych’, followed by ‘Fractured’ and ‘Undone’. Yellow Bird’s Berna Levin and Marianne Gray will produce, with Slaughter executive producing along with Ole Sondberg and Anni Furbye Fernandez. Slaughter will also be writing the first script for the series.

The series will follow Will Trent, a tall, strong and socially inept man who works for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation as a special agent. While not very book smart, Will Trent is extremely handy and can fix anything from cars to washing machines and he is excellent at solving puzzles. Abandoned as a baby in a trashcan, Trent is an orphan who grows up with both physical and emotional scars. The story will revolve mostly around Will, his partner Faith Mitchell and their boss Amanda Wagner.

- Ole Søndberg

Written by: Rachel Anne
Dec 7th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Message Posted On Jan 16th, 2014, 4:19 am
Is there any news on when the series will come out? I am excited to see it :)

Message Posted On Sep 19th, 2013, 12:32 pm
when will these movies be released??

Message Posted On Aug 14th, 2013, 12:08 am
Hey I know. Tom Cruise can star as Will Trent!!!!

Message Posted On Jun 19th, 2013, 2:27 am
I find it ironic and splendid that the Will Trent books will be adapted by the same group that did the Larson series. I'm so excited and feel like a pretty good judge of books now :)
Reedski

Message Posted On Apr 27th, 2013, 1:28 am
I have also read all 3 Steig Larsson the Girl With the Dragon Tatoo books. One must definitely watch the Swedish versions of those books. The first American version with Daniel Craig didn't really need to be made except maybe for people who don't like to read subtitles. I recommend to anyone to read the books. The story behind the author of the books, his longtime girlfriend, and his estranged family is interesting. I hope the girlfriend can make millions with the portion of the 4th on her laptop. I'd read it if it gets finished and published. But it is something I can patiently wait for like George R R Martin's next book. We don't want to rush a masterpiece.
Reedski

Message Posted On Apr 27th, 2013, 1:11 am
I am reading Tryptych right now. It's a page turner as are all of Karin Slaughter books. I have read everyone of her other books except the online small book about Will Trent and her short story book or anthology. I read her most Recent Will Trent book first. I didn't know a out Tryptych so after reading all of WT series I started reading the books about Jeffrey and Sara. They were really good, too, however I never felt like I understood Jeffrey that well. He was a great guy but I wondered why S and J didn't communicate more. Maybe because they were so independent. Sara makes me angry with her righteous indignation at times. She can get a little overbearing. Sometimes I felt like she didnt understand Lena's actions better but that was probably Lena's fault. Lena was trying to help Hank in Beyond Reach but at the end something happened that made Sara even angrier at Lena then ever before. It wasn't totally Lena's fault. Although I wish she had stayed away from Ethan Green from the beginning. Now that Sara is with Will she is less annoying. Why do we all love Will. Is it his quiet, reflective, humble nature. He has the ability to figure out crimes like no other. He has scars inside and out and I respect Sara more now because of the way she helps him with his disability. He truly loves Sara. I hope Angie is gone for good but at least she did something for Will that no one else would have done. The crime stories are gory and unsettling. But really it's the characters I remember and I can't wait for the next book to find out what happens. Karin takes us back in time to help us understand the characters better. When Will, Sara, Jeffrey, and or Lena solve a crime it makes the reader glad the good guys won. Of course there are more twists in Slaughter's books so everyone's lives are in a Precarious situation. Amanda Wagner. You respect her, you know she believes in Will, but boy does she work him. When you find out more about their relationship you understand the complexities a little better. There are so many connections between the characters. What is next? Will Sara and Will find out that they have a past connection. Maybe Will's father was related to Sara's dad or mom in some way. Will Lena and Jeffrey's son show up in a future book?
balleal

Message Posted On Apr 23rd, 2013, 6:54 am
When should we expect these movies to be in production. I have read all of Karin Slaughter's books and can't wait to see the movies.