'The Bachelor' and "Reality" Steve Carbone just cannot come to an understanding.
A lawsuit has been filed against Carbone's website, which takes pleasure in spoiling the results of the program before it airs. Carbone's site also targets 'The Amazing Race,' 'Real Housewives' and 'Survivor' in its quest to ruin surprises.
NZK Productions and Horizon Alternative Television originally sued Carbone in in December 2011, saying that he attempted to convince contestants to breach their confidentiality pledges with the program. They settled in June, with Warner Bros. (who owns Horizon) happy that he would leave the program alone.
Carbone said he would continue to spoil it, but would not do anything "to give them an alleged excuse to file another (lawsuit)." It would appear that he failed.
Carbone posted spoilers from this season's (which debuts January 7) first five episodes. His spoilers included the full names of the women eliminated from the program.
The plaintiffs quickly acted against Carbone, filing a new suit that says he tries "to seek confidential information from participants, cast, crew and other employees of The Bachelor Series and, in the course of doing so, continue to solicit and induce participants and employees of The Bachelor Series to breach their contractual obligations to Plaintiffs."
Carbone does not seem too worried.
"The suit is bogus," he said. "The suit was brought in violation of the settlement agreement I previously reached with the producers of the Bachelor series. That agreement does NOT prevent me from publishing spoilers. The producers have provided no proof that I did anything in violation of our agreement because there is none. They just seek to put me out of business by intimidation and litigation costs. I am currently exploring my legal options, including a counterclaim."