Neve Campbell's Lifetime movie "Amish Murder" has 'really good potential' to become a series

Neve Campbell in her Lifetime movie

Neve Campbell’s Lifetime movie, “An Amish Murder”, is all set to premiere tonight at 9/8c, but it looks like the movie might lead to a pilot to a new series if it is successful. “An Amish Murder” is based off of the book “Sworn to Silence” by Linda Castillo and it is set in a small Amish community in Ohio. Campbell stars as Kate Burkholder – a woman who grew up in this community, but left after a series of brutal murders. Burkholder went on to join the police force, and returned to her small town as the Chief of Police where she is challenged with the task of solving a new string of killings and facing old demons.

Campbell on set wearing a black coat

Campbell, who also served as an executive producer for “An Amish Murder”, says that she was drawn to the movie because of its setting in the Amish community. “I think I’ve always been interested in the Amish lifestyle. It’s so foreign to how most of us live that it’s intriguing to most people, and I was definitely interested in learning more about them.” she says. “I remember as a child being really intrigued and curious at the idea that they lived without electricity and live without cars…. How do they do that? But I was also fascinated by their faith, their community and their kindness. I remember them being really nice.” Campbell grew up a few towns over from a Mennonite community as a kid in Canada.

Campbell herself feels that “An Amish Murder” has “really good potential” to become a series if it is received well and if the network handles it properly. “It’s an interesting character and an interesting concept,” Campbell says, “but I’ve definitely been talking to them about the fact that I want to know that there’s somewhere to go with it, that there’s enough there within this community and within this concept that we can tell years’ worth of stories.”

Do you think that they could successfully make a series out of the concept? And if so, would you watch?

- Lifetime
- Neve Campbell

Written by: Rachel Anne
Jan 5th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Jessica morrison

Message Posted On Apr 3rd, 2013, 1:48 pm
Omg I would so watch a show about the amish its the.only show missing on tv they have amish mafia but that dont really count cause its just showing what the amish dont allow but they still do ...we need a show that will show how they live day to day and show amish love and amish living as of quilting farming how they raise there children also show what they go through when hard times hit or just every day living in a amish community ...i think the show would be a hit and it would have good ratings...i have so many amish books and read about the amish life style all the time so all thats missing ia a amish show this is just a thought but I promis its a really good one..

Message Posted On Mar 9th, 2013, 1:42 am
Absolutely...loved it...

Message Posted On Jan 15th, 2013, 5:46 am
It kept me riveted; however, it seems very familiar...like a novel I read but I cannot remember the author or title.

Message Posted On Jan 8th, 2013, 5:53 am
Yes I watched it (twice actually) and YES, I would like to see a series!

Message Posted On Jan 7th, 2013, 12:20 am
I watched An Amish Murder last night and woke up thinking about it, so YES, I can definitely see this going somewhere