Instead of having the outrage from this incident dissipate through useless moralizing, I would venture to point to the systemic nature of abuse (any kind), be it hidden, or covered-up, or right out there for all to see. The Vatican, for example, are known to have empowered, colluded in, and were found to have been not merely complacent, but outright complicit, with child sex abuse involving countless priests. I, for one, do not at all find it surprising that there are secular expressions of this particularly despicable form of abuse - one whose victims are children (yes, even among those not sworn to celibacy), where the powerful are free to act with such impunity, as they do otherwise, everywhere. *** Because, lest we ever forget that this is, is a planet that is owned by -and run according to the whims of- a tiny minority of the population, one whose corruption is as limitless as their wealth. *** From the age of the ancients, to the age of kings, to the age of industry and beyond, these monsters, these arch-beasts at the very top have themselves been conditioned (very often, from the moment of birth) to view all other human beings as worth less than ants. *** Sometimes we get glimpses into the various ways in which such horrific toxicity, ultimately, ends up manifesting itself - although the media that they own (or in the case of the BBC, indirectly control), remains very strongly bound to their murderous, Murdoching will. *** The danger is, however, to view unfathomably brutal incidents such as this, as merely anomalous, to presume these are disconnected from the myriad of other forms of abuse like it (for example, the Catholic Church's tradition of child abuse, etc.) - but even more so, failing to have the courage to generalize beyond that (type), to challenge the very system that goes on to treat sentient beings (and semi-sentient ones, and the ecosystems and nature which they inhabit) as mere commodities. Disposable commodities whose prime purpose is geared towards limitless egotistic greed and an endless accumulation which can never be filled. Only generate new and unbelievable forms of abuse, on a mass scale. *** Human beings were not meant to live this way. And as much as we 5-10 percent of the developed World have it that much better than the remaining 90 percent of the planet, deep down we, too, know it to be true. With all the diversions and stupefying distractions thrown our way, we still feel that longing, of being in harmony with one another, with nature, with our true nature.