'1600 Penn' yanked from NBC Thursday schedule next week

1600 Penn

Following the cancellation of midseason drama Do No Harm, NBC has pulled its newest low-rated comedy 1600 Penn from the schedule for one week only — so far.

Chronicling the wacky exploits of a fictional First Family in the White House, 1600 Penn had a decent audience for a "sneak preview" of its series premiere on Monday, December 17, but viewers haven't followed the single-camera comedy to its regular Thursday timeslot at 9:30 PM since it debuted on January 10.

The episode scheduled to air on January 31 was replaced by a new original episode of The Office in hopes of giving Do No Harm a stronger lead-in for its premiere. However, that strategy backfired and ended up tying The Office's series low while Do No Harm scored the lowest rating ever for an in-season series premiere.

1600 Penn returned to its 9:30 timeslot this week and hit a series low, prompting the Peacock network to yank the mediocre comedy next week in favor of an expanded Valentine's Day episode of The Office that will air as two new back-to-back episodes.

Will 1600 Penn be back on February 21 as planned, or will it mysteriously disappear?

- The Office (US)
- 1600 Penn
- NBC

Written by: Chrononaut
Feb 8th, 2013, 11:38 am

Images courtesy of NBC

Message Posted On Feb 25th, 2013, 6:44 am
Came online trying to find out where it went. Should have known it was too good to last. These bozos change the time slot, skip it a week, hide it out, and then wonder why people don't watch. WE DON'T WATCH WHEN WE CAN'T FIND IT, IDIOTS. Not the first time, by far, they've done this kind of "scheduling." Amazed they can wipe their own ... oh, forget it.

Message Posted On Feb 14th, 2013, 11:00 am
1600 Penn is a comedy? I only ever saw the ads on the lower thirds but it always seemed like a West Wing type show, that's why it didn't interest me. Josh Gad should be the giveaway, but I never noticed him in the ads. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Message Posted On Feb 9th, 2013, 5:55 am
What's new? I expect ANY show that is different and good to be cancelled. I don't understand the reasoning.
kay1056

Since: 18/Dec/11
Message Posted On Feb 9th, 2013, 2:09 am

This show is quirky and funny. I have given up watching too much on NBC cuz they usually cancel a show that i start out watching. I don't even know why they aired Do No Harm...I mean c'mon seriously. Steven Pasquale is a great actor...if NBC would get a good show to put him in.

mcw

Points: 31
Since: 03/Jan/10
Message Posted On Feb 8th, 2013, 4:02 pm

1600 Penn is a riot - NBC is completely falling into the "Fox" 00s mentality and cancelling the GOOD shows, and keeping the junk. Community is probably joining the list of axed shows. It's funny - Southland started on NBC and was killed off, and has been very successful on TNT.

tinalessia

Since: 12/Oct/07
Message Posted On Feb 8th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Amen Kyle! I agree 100%... I hope it comes back..I love the general silliness, and I love Skip!!!

KyleA

Message Posted On Feb 8th, 2013, 12:47 pm
I LOVE THIS SHOW! Its nice that it makes me laugh constantly, yes its very "unreal" but that is the ALLURE to me. Instead of the dumb premise of other shows this one is straight to the point and you know what you are getting which is a brilliantly witty comedy that makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt!