Charlie Sheen Apologizes for Ashton Kutcher Comments

Charlie SheenCharlie Sheen attempted to claw his way out of 2011's news and into 2012's last week when he launched an attack on his Two and a Half Men replacement, actor Ashton Kutcher.

"I'm tired of lying, I'm tired of pretending like the show doesn't suck, I'm tired of pretending like Ashton doesn't suck, I'm tired of pretending like they're not completely adrift," Sheen said. "When you take away the anchor from your show, which they stupidly did, you go adrift."

Sheen was quick to clarify, though, stating, "It's nothing personal. I just feel bad for [Kutcher], he's saddled with such bad writing. I mean, I had some pretty bad writing over the years."

Of course, that hasn't stopped Sheen from coming under fire for those remarks, which led to him sending an apologetic -- at least, partially apologetic -- letter to Ashton via TMZ

"Dear Ashton, my bad," Sheen wrote. "I was disrespectful to a man doing his best. I got excited and I threw you into the crossfire, but the rest of my statement I stand behind. You however, deserve better. Safety in your travels good sir."

Sheen had previously spoken highly of Kutcher's performance on the show, calling him "terrific" after the premiere of the show's ninth season last year. "I've done what he's done. I've replaced a guy. It's so f**king hard, you can't believe it. It's all you're thinking about and you're surrounded by these ghosts," he said in January. "So hats off to him for doing the best job that he can. I don't think that he's working with the best writing because [creator Chuck Lorre] doing too many shows. He and Jon [Cryer] and Angus [T. Jones] deserve better material."

This summer, Sheen will return to TV with his new series, an FX adaptation of the 2003 Adam Sandler/Jack Nicholson film Anger Management. The series will be Sheen's first acting role since his firing from Two and a Half Men in 2011.

- Two and a Half Men
- Charlie Sheen
- Ashton Kutcher
- CBS

Written by: mcpherson
Feb 21st, 2012, 1:50 am

Message Posted On Feb 28th, 2012, 12:33 am
Charlie, as you know- the show sucked pretty bad when you were on it, but now it sucks EVEN WORSE! Seriously, I was able to watch it and have a few laughs with Charlie, but Ashton is NOT funny! At all!30

Message Posted On Feb 26th, 2012, 4:35 pm
i mean, you are a terrific actor, and you gave us some many laughter!!! but man, you really can´t control yourself can you??!!

Message Posted On Feb 26th, 2012, 4:32 pm
charlie you can say whatever you want, if you truly believe what you are saying, there's just one person to blame, and it's you!! Haven´t you heard the words DON´t DO DRUGS????

Message Posted On Feb 21st, 2012, 1:33 pm
I like the Show and I think that Ashton is doing a good job. sad he screw over Demi Moor but he does good in two and a half men....
ankjevik

Message Posted On Feb 21st, 2012, 10:25 am

agreed!!

seabat

Since: 02/Nov/08
Message Posted On Feb 21st, 2012, 4:27 am

You go, Charlie! The show IS in the toilet since you left!