Mr. Monk To Run For Mayor?

Monk Cast

Monk fans everywhere thought that the defective detective's story had ended for good after the eighth season finale in which he finally discovered the whos, hows, and whys behind Trudy's murder, but apparently series creator Andy Breckman isn't quite done with Tony Shalhoub's multiple emmy winning super sleuth. Digital Spy reports today that the plan is for the series to return in the form of a made for TV movie.

The tele-film will involve Monk running for Mayor of San Francisco, and will appropriately be titled "Mr. Monk For Mayor". Breckman says the script is finished, and the plan is to shoot the project in the summer in hopes that it will air on USA by December.

I've seen all 125 episodes of Monk, and this news makes me quite happy. While the ending was very fitting and well done, I can't help but be curious to see how Monk is doing a few years after the shocking revelations of the series finale. Has his OCD improved at all without the constant stress of solving Trudy's case hanging over his head? It was made clear during the series that Monk always had some level of OCD, but was able to more or less control it until his wife's death sent him spiraling into a breakdown. If he has in fact gotten better on that front, will it have made him a better or worse detective? I can't wait to find out, and I'm sure a lot of other Monk fans can't either.

Some might be asking, why would Monk run for Mayor? I think it is absolutely something he would end up doing and I'll tell you why. Monk is a huge control freak. He wants things done the way he wants them done, when he wants them done. What better way to influence the world around him then by running San Francisco? I do wonder if this will lead to a power struggle with Cap. Stottlemeyer. You know he hasn't retired. He'll never retire.

Do you want to see Monk back on your TV screen? Do you think he could actually get elected Mayor? Discuss in the comments. You'll thank me later.

- USA Network
- Monk

Written by: Michael Stevenson
Feb 22nd, 2012, 1:06 am

Message Posted On Sep 21st, 2013, 5:52 am
Yes and no
jim beam

Message Posted On Aug 16th, 2013, 2:33 am
You got that one wrong. Monk was one of the best shows on the air and still is. You're the one that sucks along with your spelling meatball.
Emmyclarke

Message Posted On Aug 9th, 2013, 1:13 pm
I think the monk show really sucked I wasted my time crappy show I laugh no new show he suck oh emmyclarke bad actres,I hear they had sex and did drugs on night I saw pictures of it,she was ugly,stupid show filmed in Canada,come on crappy crappy no monk

Message Posted On May 31st, 2013, 11:06 pm
When is the movie going to air????

Message Posted On Dec 4th, 2012, 4:08 am
i really like to see again mr.monk and captain.really that is educating to people.
Marrrrrr

Message Posted On Aug 7th, 2012, 12:07 pm
I love monk. Necesito k vuelva monk a la pantalla. Cuando es?
Sherlock

Message Posted On Aug 7th, 2012, 5:58 am
I would love to see Monk return. I hope he runs against Harold Crenshaw. If Monk wins, he can make Stottlemeyer police commissioner and bring back Randy and Sharona.

Message Posted On Jun 12th, 2012, 10:23 pm
I can't wait for the next installment of Mr. Monk's adventures. I really miss the original series and am thrilled beyond belief!

Message Posted On Jun 12th, 2012, 7:29 pm
I just watched the entire 8th season of Monk on DVD, so it's fresh in my mind, and would welcome seeing Breckman's cast and crew together again -

Message Posted On May 26th, 2012, 2:45 pm
Don't get me wrong, I love Monk, But as mayor of San Fransisco? His first order would probably be to evacuate the citizens and burn San Francisco down to the ground, then rebuild the city. lol. But in all seriousness, i would love to see Tony Shalhoub back in action in my all-time favorite T.V. show: Monk!
1 2 | Next page>>