Jimmy Kimmel hopes to end Jay Leno's NBC career

Jimmy

Jimmy Kimmel does not like Jay Leno. That is not a surprise - in fact, Kimmel has done nothing to hide it. What probably resonates most in the mind of people who saw it when they think of that relationship is when Kimmel appeared on Leno's program after news broke that Leno had backdoored Conan O'Brien out of The Tonight Show hosting gig. Kimmel turned their segment into one big attack on Leno, with Leno sitting there furiously trying to act like it was not sending him through the roof. Here, let me refresh your memory.

Now that Leno's NBC tenure again seems to be on the rocks, Kimmel is one happy guy - especially when you realize that Kimmel's ABC program moving up to compete with Leno and David Letterman is likely the straw that is breaking the camel's back in this case.

Kimmel talked to CNN's Jake Tapper about Leno's situation and Kimmel said he hoped he was the cause.

"God, I hope so," he said while smiling. "I really -- I don’t know. I mean, I have no idea. I mean, well, obviously, NBC is looking to move on, because they did it once already. This would be the second time that this has happened. So I mean, it makes perfect sense."

Kimmel praised Leno while hoping that he gets tossed.

"I do think he's capable. I've seen him. I've -- I mean, the guy is one of the great comedians," he said, adding that he looks forward to going against Jimmy Fallon. "Jimmy Fallon is doing a great job. And he’s very popular. And so, eventually, it’s going to happen one way or the other, right? Right?"

- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Jay Leno
- Jimmy Kimmel
- ABC
- NBC

Written by: Hamatosan
Mar 21st, 2013, 1:18 pm

Images courtesy of ABC

adrianz25

Since: 25/Mar/13
Message Posted On Mar 28th, 2013, 3:49 am

Everyone kicks Leno's ass. For a guy who allegedly practices with all of his free time, he's really really bad. Also, the "jewboy" comment is unnecessary. You like comedy? Chances are you enjoyed a Jewish guy who you didn't even know was Jewish. Why? Because IT DOESN'T EFFING MATTER WHAT YOU ARE. Just what you do, tool.

Message Posted On Mar 25th, 2013, 8:50 pm
I think Kimmel kicks Lamo Leno's ass in all areas! I love to watch Kimmel and even love more how he recognizes Lamo Leno for the ass he is! Keep up the good work Jimmy Kimmel !

Message Posted On Mar 22nd, 2013, 8:54 pm
Jewboy keeps whining and yet he's still behind in the ratings. LOL pathetic!

Message Posted On Mar 22nd, 2013, 3:20 pm
where is this video =(
Hamatosan

Since: 02/Aug/12
Message Posted On Mar 22nd, 2013, 1:44 pm

Very weird, I watched it last night.

Message Posted On Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:31 am