Michelle Stafford leaving 'The Young and the Restless'

Michelle StaffordIn an unexpected blindside, 16 year The Young and the Restless veteran Michelle Stafford will be leaving the CBS soap. This news comes close behind the tragic death of Young and Restless legend Jeanne Cooper earlier this May. The daytime drama plans to air a special tribute to the passing of Cooper on May 28th.

Stafford has played the character of Phyllis on the soap on and off since 1994, briefly exiting the show three years later, before returning in 2000 where she has been since.  A fan favourite, the news comes as a big shock to those who follow the show closely. Stafford has been nominated 10 times for a Daytime Emmy in the Outstanding Leading Actress in a Drama series category, taking home the award in 2004, for her character.

Stafford and her fellow cast members recently shot a retrospective in honor of the show’s 40th anniversary in which she hinted that she had never expected to stay with the show for as long as she has. “I was actually told that I would be recurring and that I would only be on for six weeks,” says Stafford in the spot. “But I knew in my mind that that wasn’t going to happen.”

Are you sad to see Stafford leave The Young and the Restless?

- The Young and the Restless
- Michelle Stafford
- CBS

Written by: Rachel Anne
May 20th, 2013, 6:23 pm

sandy bel

Message Posted On Mar 7th, 2014, 2:12 am
Me, too, I Like Michelle, only Michelle in this soap opera...

Message Posted On Jan 25th, 2014, 12:23 pm
I love Michelle she is so beautiful and Corey how do you spell fiery how can the show go on without her it just can't happen she's the glue she what makes it pop!!!!!!bring her back

Message Posted On Dec 27th, 2013, 8:45 am
Michelle you are missed . Nick needs to know that Summer is his daughter and not Jacks. Sharon is such a sneaky conniving bitch.
ms duffy

Message Posted On Nov 16th, 2013, 4:53 am
I hope michelle Stafford returns to y&r as phillis i miss seeing her she makes the show ive been watching y&r since the first day it is part of my famlly no one can ever play phillis like michelle come back we miss you.
rosco

Message Posted On Oct 17th, 2013, 6:51 am
Michelle Stafford...where are you? Young and Restless has not been the same since you left. Please come back. As a devoted fan I long for more story lines with you as the villain and victim. Please come back.
Shelly for WV.

Message Posted On Oct 10th, 2013, 10:59 pm
Michelle Stafford needs to come back I am a big fan of her the young and the restless isnt the same with out her she is greatless missed please bring her back she just has away about her she makes the show..

Message Posted On Sep 24th, 2013, 1:09 am
:( I figured Phyllis character just left for a summer break and she would be back!! This saddens me terribly as I LOVE her character on the show and there can never be another person that even comes close to her ways..I understand that people need to move on, try new things etc, but why her?? :( It broke my heart when Jeanne Cooper passed, she was an Icon to the show as is Eric Braden, Peter Bergman, and a few others. I will miss Phyllis dearly! :( Best wishes with her new adventures..

Message Posted On Sep 21st, 2013, 4:14 am
She an stay gone as far as I'm concerned. She played too many parts as a Biatch!!!

Message Posted On Sep 6th, 2013, 10:33 am
I'm not sure they are going to kill off the Phylis character, because my best friend's aunt tried out for the role of Phylis a couple months ago. Who knows? No one can do Phylis like Michelle. I would be disgusted watching someone else try. PLEASE DON'T STAY AWAY TOO LONG, MICHELLE!
lmjb

Message Posted On Sep 2nd, 2013, 9:09 am
I do hope Michelle comes back to Young and Restless at some point. I just love her in the show.
1 2 3 | Next page>>