The feisty first ladies of Jersey return for their fifth season on Sunday, June 2 on Bravo at 8 p.m.. What better time way to prepare for what is guaranteed to be yet another contentious season than to take a look back at all the juiciest arguments from the previous four seasons.
10. Season 1, Episode 7 “The Last Supper” - This was the first of what was to be many smackdowns between the “ladies” of New Jersey. Original housewife, Danielle Staub, went toe to toe with Caroline and Dina Manzo over a tawdry tell-all book that was filled with unflattering allegations against Danielle that included kidnapping and prostitution. Danielle’s biggest mistake was angering Teresa Giudice. This resulted in the feisty brunette flipping over a table causing food, insults and fur to fly. Her behavior was shocking at the time, but after watching Teresa’s endless outbursts season after season, viewers have learned that Danielle got off lucky.
9. Season 2, Episode 10 “Country Clubbed” - This fight between Danielle and Teresa actually began at the end of the previous episode but reached its zenith and then dramatic conclusion in this episode. After Danielle announced that Teresa’s multi-million dollar home was in foreclosure, Teresa had to be physically detained by several women. Danielle, who talked a good game but was never able to back it up, took off through a country club full of civilized ladies who thought they were just going to see a fashion show. Teresa pursued her prey out the front door. Jaqueline Laurita’s daughter, Ashley, managed to snag a handful of hair extensions off of Danielle’s head before the sobbing, shaking, terrified mess was escorted into the safety of a nearby car.
8. Season 2, “Reunion Part 1” - Danielle obviously felt emboldened by her surroundings, her entourage and her new lesbian lover because she went after Teresa again in spite of her previous experiences. Danielle asked Teresa if she had acknowledged the birth of her nephew. Teresa flew off that couch and screamed at the top of her lungs into her accuser’s face, “Don’t bring up my family.” Andy Cohen had to try and physically restrain Teresa as a smug Danielle sauntered off the set. Teresa even managed to knock Andy off his feet as she rattled off a laundry list of profanities at Danielle who had retreated backstage.
7. Season 3, Episode 1 “In the Name of the Father” - In the season premiere, viewers were introduced to Teresa’s brother Joe Gorga and his wife and new cast mate Melissa. Both sides acknowledged that Teresa and her brother used to be inseparable. Where they differed was what caused the relationship to deteriorate. According to Teresa, Melissa created the fissure between the siblings. As catty and tense things were between Teresa and her sister-in-law, the dynamic between Joe Giudice and Joe Gorga was downright openly hostile. This mix of toxic elements led to an all-out explosive brawl at a party celebrating the christening of Melissa and Joe’s youngest son.
6. Season 4, Episode 3 “Third Eye Blind” - Teresa was forced to answer for basically calling Melissa a potential cheater and a gold digger. Initially, Melissa turned the other cheek but when the two attended a Summer Solstice-themed party, pent up frustrations on both sides spilled over. Fights during this season were often about multiple issues at a time since incidents from the past had never been addressed much less resolved. The fact that Jacqueline got caught in the middle only made things worse. Melissa felt forced to defend the solidity of her marriage and her character while Teresa justified her remarks by saying they should have stayed between herself and her brother. When in doubt, Teresa’s signature move has always been to shift the blame.
5. Season 4, Episode 8 “Best Friends for Never” - Jacqueline decided to confront Teresa about her relationship with the tabloids. Teresa had maligned her friends and family on multiple occasions. She always ascertained that she didn’t have control over what was printed and that she didn’t get paid for any of the articles. Jacqueline was at a loss for what to believe. Teresa grew defensive and what should have been a calm discussion spiraled into an argument. Jacqueline was especially hurt to find out that Teresa had been in contact with Danielle in spite of all the horrible things the former cast member had done to Jacqueline’s family. Jacqueline decided it was in her best interests to cut ties with Teresa.
4. Season 4, Episode 17 “Hot Tub of Sour Grapes” - During a group trip to California wine country Caroline was able to keep her dislike for Teresa on the down low until the last night. Maybe it was the constant togetherness or the close proximity but Caroline pulled no punches when she finally let Teresa know exactly what she thought about her. Caroline told Teresa that she was a liar and the cookbook author was cold and calculating. Teresa appeared to be genuinely caught off guard but that didn’t stop her from digging in her heels and holding her ground.
3. Season 4, Episode 20 “Strip Down Memory Lane” - This night otherwise known as “Strippergate” put Teresa at odds with Jacqueline for what appears to be for good. After Jacqueline told Melissa the whole thing was a set up orchestrated by Teresa. In retaliation for Jacqueline’s allegation, Teresa tried to turn the tables and insinuated that Jacqueline had arranged for Teresa to take the fall. Teresa stuck with this story throughout the reunion as well. Also at odds that evening was Kim D. and Joe Gorga, but their encounter didn’t amount to much more than some name calling.
2. Season 4, “Reunion Part 1” - Alpha female Teresa was shaking in her boots after stating that her father was more of a presence in her cousins’ life than their own dad. Her cousins Kathy Wakile and Kathy’s sister Rosie Pierri became enraged. Rosie could be heard from backstage threatening to rip Teresa’s head off and cut out her tongue. Rosie’s anger actually shook up all of the women who all agreed things had gone too far.
1. Season 4, “Reunion Part 2” - Jacqueline came locked, loaded and ready to do battle during the season 4 reunion. Teresa managed to knock her for a loop when she announced that Jacqueline’s husband had been unfaithful years earlier. Supposedly this information came from Jacqueline herself. Once Jacqueline recovered she aired Teresa and Joe’s dirty laundry. She said that not only did he call her the c**t word and worse but that they were physically violent towards each other as well. Jacqueline also said Teresa told her that Joe had cheated on her multiple times. This wasn’t a screaming match but broken trust and hurtful accusations being flung back and forth between these old friends was nasty.