Cote de Pablo Departing ‘NCIS’ This Fall

Cote de Pablo Departing ‘NCIS’ This Fall

This might come as a huge shock for ‘NCIS’ fans. Cote de Pablo will be exiting the hit CBS drama come this fall, the network has just confirmed.

For some time now, it’s been up in the air as to whether de Pablo would return or not. She was the only other cast member who had yet to ink a deal. CBS said in a statement today that is was de Pablo’s choice to end her run as Ziva David.

“We respect Cote’s decision, thank her for being an important part of the ‘NCIS’ team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David,” the statement says.

So, what does this mean for the series, and especially for Ziva and Tony (Michael Weatherly) aka Tiva fans? Despite many upset viewers, Ziva’s storyline will come to some type of conclusion.

“Cote and CBS share a great respect for the ‘NCIS’ audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva’s story," CBS continued to say.

De Pablo also released her own statement, and said, “I’ve had 8 great years with ‘NCIS’ and Ziva David. I have huge respect and affection for Mark, Gary, Michael, David, Rocky, Pauley, Brian, Sean, all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva’s story.”

As an avid fan of the show, it's heartbreaking to see de Pablo walk away from the crime procedural and her amazing character who has grown from her very first episode in Season 3. Hopefully, everything will come together in the end - even Tony and Ziva!

‘NCIS’ Season 11 premieres Tuesday, September 24.

Are you sad to see Ziva go?

- CBS
- Cote de Pablo
- NCIS

Written by: Allyson Koerner
Jul 10th, 2013, 9:49 am

Images courtesy of CBS

Message Posted On Jul 23rd, 2013, 3:57 am
How has Tony survived 11 seasons? He is the most irritating character of all. Would like to see Cote de Pablo remain - even as a guest. Too bad NCIS kills off all female leads!

Message Posted On Jul 12th, 2013, 2:07 pm
I'm, sad, very very sad :( I loved Ziva! I just hope we get a decent closer when it comes to Tony and her!!
BESommer

Since: 17/Jan/13
Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 8:31 pm

They should bring back Vivian Blackadder (Robyn Lively) from the JAG episodes "Ice Queen" and "Meltdown", which served as the backdoor pilot for NCIS.

ohdawn

Since: 29/Apr/12
Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 4:14 pm

damn  i guess i better be filling in my tues night 8 pm slot with something else . ncis will not be the same with no ziva....

please cote change your mind stay a little longer

LooraSadface

Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 3:44 pm
This is sad news indeed. For me, the character Ziva David was one of the - if not THE - most entertaining character(s) in all of TV, current and past shows considered. I am not sure NCIS would have survived as long as it did without de Pablo's character. Thankfully I still have some catching up to do so I can ease into NCIS without Ziva over time. It won't be the same and I wouldn't be surprised if CBS decides not replace the character at all and instead bring the show to a close. After all, there is one spinoff doing quite well and another is on it's way. Goodbye Ziva David, you'll be missed.
Libra401373

Points: 15
Since: 21/Mar/13
Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 3:24 pm

this is ncis's last season anyway cbs announced it when they renewed it i hope they change their minds

kincaid

Since: 23/Feb/12
Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Anonypuss, I've watched the show since it was first spun off of JAG. I'm far from collecting Social Security. I'm eclectic in the shows that I watch. NCIS happens to be one of them.

Anonypuss

Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 11:23 am
I presume those writing below are in their <50s... If not, that's the first time I've met someone who is a fan of NCIS-esqueseses, and isn't collecting (what do you Yanks call your national pension plan... oh right...) Social Security!
kincaid

Since: 23/Feb/12
Message Posted On Jul 10th, 2013, 11:14 am

I equally like Sasha Alexander & Cote de Pablo. It will be harder to see Cote leave, however, due to the length of her time on the show. That being said, this the end of last season and beginning of this season has been useful in shaking things up. It would have been nice to see her at least remain for one more season before moving on. It's going to be interesting to see who they try to fill her shoes with. Realistically, we all know just how much the personal dynamics between the characters drive the show and really made it successful. NCIS isn't like Law & Order where they constantly went through new detectives and Assistant District Attorneys like Spinal Tap went through drummers.

FireJames