Cote de Pablo Officially Discusses ‘NCIS’ Departure

Cote de Pablo Officially Discusses ‘NCIS’ Departure

Just a week after CBS Boss Leslie Moonves spoke about Cote de Pablo’s exit from ‘NCIS,’ the actress herself has finally opened up about her major move.

In an interview in this month’s Latina magazine, de Pablo reflects on her departure from the CBS hit series and leaving her character, Ziva David, behind.

"It was not an easy decision, not one taken lightly," she revealed in the interview. "I feel like I am leaving my family. What I want to say most of all is thank you to the fans and to the people who have been so supportive of me and of the show, who have made the show the great success that it is."

So, what will she be doing now? Well, it seems she’ll be enjoying her downtime by visiting her family in Chile, along with spending time with actor boyfriend Diego Serrano. She also noted that she's not one to make a spectacle of herself, or to visit the club scene, "My priority is to hang out with the ones I love -- my family, my loved ones. And then I go back to the set."

When de Pablo announced she wouldn’t be returning, most fans were heartbroken, but she will be back to give Ziva a proper sendoff. It doesn’t seem like she’ll be killed off, but it will be an “emotional” double-episode, especially for Tiva fans.

Michael Weatherly, who plays Tony DiNozzo, told TVLine the episodes will be “cathartic” and “therapeutic” for fans. He also provided another small teaser: “When you want something for so long, and you want and you want and you want, and it almost gets warped because you’ve wanted it for maybe longer than anybody should ever want anything, and it’s sitting five feet from you in an office…. When that is dealt with, a dam breaks and it creates a fresh new and most importantly dynamic element to the show. That eight-year "holding pattern" will be dealt with, but more important than that is what happens next. Where does Tony go after that? And [the answer to that] is the most exciting thing I’ve heard in a long time.”

Cote de Pablo Officially Discusses ‘NCIS’ DepartureEventually, the Ziva void will be filled, but as showrunner Gary Glasberg told TVLine, “Someone asked me what I plan beyond this, and I can’t replace her. I can’t even use the word "replacement" for Ziva and what she means to this team. The only thing I can try and do down the road is come up with another character who feels organic and fills a void of some kind.”

In other ‘NCIS’ news, TVLine also announced today that ‘24’ actress Leslie Hope is joining the series for one episode, but her role won’t go unnoticed. She’ll appear in the second episode as high-level Navy official Sarah Porter. Hope’s role “is one that has tremendous importance in the NCIS world,” Glasberg noted. “I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have joining us at this pivotal time than Leslie. We’re thrilled to have her.”

How do you feel about all of these upcoming ‘NCIS’ changes?

'NCIS' Season 11 premieres Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c.

- CBS
- Cote de Pablo
- NCIS

Written by: Allyson Koerner
Aug 6th, 2013, 7:02 am

Images courtesy of CBS

Message Posted On Nov 20th, 2013, 4:02 am
Ncis has definitely gone down hill and I believe the ratings will prove that ziva's place will take the show out of the top 5 on TV
fasdanz

Since: 27/Apr/13
Message Posted On Aug 31st, 2013, 4:36 am

I MENT TO ADD ONE OTHER THOUGHT, IN HER LEAVING, IF IT IS TO ADVANCE HER ACTING CAREER , I HOPE IT ISIN'T A BAD DECISION.

fasdanz

Since: 27/Apr/13
Message Posted On Aug 31st, 2013, 4:33 am

I NEVER THOUGHT ZIVA WOULD REPLACE KATE BUT AS IT WORKED OUT ,RATHER THAN REPLACE SHE BROUGHT IN A NEW KIND OF FEMALE AGENT. I WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE HOW THEY MAKE A CHANGE THIS TIME. THE BOTTOM LINE,( FOR ME) IS,  ZIVA HAS BEEN THE MAJIOR REASON TO KEEP WATCHING.  THAT IS NOT TO SAY ALL THE OTHERS ARN'T VALUED CONTRIBUTERS TO THE SHOW, IT' JUST FROM THIS MAN'S VIEW POINT I ENJOYED WATCHING HER MORE.

Message Posted On Aug 9th, 2013, 5:27 am
First Kate, now Ziva! I'm running out of reasons to watch the show. Why let two of the most beautiful women in tv go?

Message Posted On Aug 7th, 2013, 9:29 am
My mother does the same or very similar idiom mistakes. It's a tool used to charm men, and it works most of the time. My mother turns it off and on as required. Perhaps Ziva does the same. I agree with Bob that it was getting very old. (it's also old here).
ankjevik

Message Posted On Aug 7th, 2013, 6:38 am

bob you are tripping man... this is a ewen bigger loss for the show then when kate died!!! i say forgett your "blood family" and stay with your "tv family"!!!!!!

Bob Bobson

Message Posted On Aug 7th, 2013, 1:18 am
Meh; Ziva was as annoying as Cote is pretty. The whole bit about her getting idioms slightly wrong and Tony correcting her was only amusing the first 50 million or so times. After that it was stupid and absurd that a bloody Mosad agent of all things, who is specifically trained to infiltrate and blend into different groups would be so ill-informed as to get basic expressions right.