Muse Watson Returning as Mike Franks on ‘NCIS’ Season 11

Muse Watson Returning as Mike Franks to ‘NCIS’ Season 11

Probie, here is some fantastic ‘NCIS’ news! Muse Watson will be returning to the hit CBS series as the legendary and beloved Mike Franks.

Watson revealed the news himself today via Twitter, “Throw this back on your Thursday! Mike Franks is back! New Episode starts filming next week. Polish your boots, Probie.”

The actor also directed fans to his Facebook page for an answer to one of these questions, “Will Mike Franks be ghost or flashback? Will Muse start shooting NCIS next week?” Well, as stated above, he starts shooting next week. It still remains unclear if he’ll be “ghost Mike” or “flashback Mike,” but as soon as other details have been released we’ll be sure to update you right away. I'm sure fans are hoping he isn't really dead and will just come out of hiding. What are the chances of that happening?

After recurring on the series from Season 3 through Season 8 as Gibbs’s (Mark Harmon) mentor and friend, Franks was killed near the Season 8 end by the villainous Port-to-Port killer. Fans were devastated, but I’m sure this news will send ‘NCIS’ fans into a frenzy. Remember last season when Franks reappeared as a ghost to Gibbs in the finale? The ‘NCIS’ audience was thrilled he was back for an episode, so this time around the reaction will ultimately be the same.

His triumphant return comes at the perfect time, especially since Cote de Pablo will exit the series as Ziva David at the beginning of Season 11. We lose a highly-adored character, but gain another, even if it is only for a short time.

Are you excited to see Franks back on ‘NCIS’?

- CBS
- Muse Watson
- NCIS

Written by: Allyson Koerner
Aug 15th, 2013, 6:04 am

Images courtesy of CBS

NCIS fan

Message Posted On Oct 17th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Mike Franks should come back as a regular he was an asset to the show. Hopefully Zive returns in the near future.
Lolly B.

Message Posted On Oct 8th, 2013, 11:21 am
love MIKE Franks.Bring him back alive.Its Been done on many shows.Franks is a big accent to NCIS.Bring him back alive and give him a bigger part.Hes great with the other actors.4

Message Posted On Sep 7th, 2013, 1:36 pm
Mike Franks adds tremendous dimension to NCIS. I would love to see him be a regular. Bring him back alive. If Patrick Duffy can "dream away" a season of Dallas, then Mike Franks' death can have been staged to place him in a top-secret mission. He is a tremendous addition to the cast.

Message Posted On Aug 17th, 2013, 7:59 am
Apologies and explanation for this repeat post. The PP means "new paragraph." PP So here is the post the way it should have looked with four paragraphs, just imagine a new paragraph where you see "PP". (I hope the extra spaces come through.) starts here PP Mike Franks should only be a ghost and/or a flashback. PP I hope the recent change in Iranian leadership will be taken into account. Their new leader seems to be of a more conciliatory nature. This would leave a possible door to see again that Iranian agent who was friends with Ziva's father. I will be sad to see Ziva go, but not as stunned as I was when her brother killed the female agent they had at the end of the second year (I think; I could be wrong about which year). PP I would definitely want to hear that a big shakeup happens in Mossad and learn the truth behind Levi David's murder. And that the person responsible was punished (read executed; possibly by Ziva!) I hope they will NOT kill off Ziva. PP This series still has a long way to go if CBS will just keep on renewing it and leave the Belisarius production company do their thing. Since they left them alone with Magnum, I hope they will do the same here.

Message Posted On Aug 17th, 2013, 7:48 am
Mike Franks should only be a ghost and/or a flashback. I hope the recent change in Iranian leadership will be taken into account. Their new leader seems to be of a more conciliatory nature. This would leave a possible door to see again that Iranian agent who was friends with Ziva's father. I will be sad to see Ziva go, but not as stunned as I was when her brother killed the female agent they had at the end of the second year (I think; I could be wrong about which year). I would definitely want to hear that a big shakeup happens in Mossad and learn the truth behind Levi David's murder. And that the person responsible was punished (read executed, possibly by Ziva!) I hope they will NOT kill off Ziva. This series still has a long way to go if CBS will just keep on renewing it and leave the Belisarius production company do their thing. Since they left them alone with Magnum, I hope they will do the same here.
lockjaw

Since: 20/Feb/08
Message Posted On Aug 15th, 2013, 11:26 pm

It'll be great to have Mike back in whatever form he takes. With Ziva moving on I'm just wondering how or if they'll replace her. Keeping the chemistry going with the loss of a major character isn't ever an easy task.

vickif

Since: 07/Aug/13
Message Posted On Aug 15th, 2013, 11:12 pm

I'm always glad to see him back.  He's always been one of my favorite characters. I'll miss Ziva also.

ohdawn

Since: 29/Apr/12
Message Posted On Aug 15th, 2013, 5:01 pm

hmm got to think , once a person gets killed ,& they bring them back the show seems to not do well

Kimberly1978VA

Since: 11/Oct/12
Message Posted On Aug 15th, 2013, 9:39 am

Agreed, Erica. I am not looking forward to seeing my favorite character leave, but I am excited to see Mike again!

Erica_Bedow

Since: 11/Apr/13
Message Posted On Aug 15th, 2013, 7:48 am

Can't wait to see him back. I'll miss Ziva... but really it's a great show no matter what.