‘The Mentalist’ Creator Says Lisbon and Jane ‘Absolutely Love Each Other’

‘The Mentalist’ Creator Says Lisbon and Jane ‘Absolutely Love Each Other’

With ‘The Mentalist’ Season 6 closely upon us, not only are fans anticipating the reveal of Red John, but are also wondering whether Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) and Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) will finally get together.

As fans recall, in the Season 4 finale Jane told Lisbon he loved her during their major scheme to catch Red John once and for all. Click here for the scene. Ever since then, viewers have wondered if it was a platonic “I love you” or a romantic one.

According to series creator Bruno Heller, the two definitely have feelings for one another. As he told TVGuide.com, “I think they absolutely love each other. Have they ever laid there at night and thought about the other one and what that would be like to be a romantic couple? Of course they have, and that's exactly what they're going to continue feeling and thinking."

This season just might be the season for their feelings to come pouring out, but it won’t happen immediately. As we all know, the show will focus heavily on Red John -- especially since this is the year we WILL find out the serial killer's true identity.

Baker told TVGuide.com, "[Lisbon and Jane] care so much about each other, [but] with the stakes being ratcheted up by Red John being ever-present, it's a pressure-cooker situation. They have to lean on each other more, but it's also going to be easy for them to blow each other's fuse."

It sounds like it’ll be a rocky season, and you can judge for yourself by watching the very first Season 6 promo. Tensions are definitely running high for the final pursuit of Red John and also between Lisbon and Jane.

What do you think of Jane and Lisbon’s relationship?

- The Mentalist
- Simon Baker
- Robin Tunney
- CBS

Written by: Allyson Koerner
Aug 28th, 2013, 10:04 am

Images courtesy of CBS

Twilightfan

Message Posted On Feb 4th, 2014, 6:04 am
I would definitely love to see those two ignite some passion although it should happen towards the end of the show because I certainly wouldn't want to see a breakup.
Jesska

Message Posted On Dec 2nd, 2013, 5:34 pm
I think it's great with the impending relationship and all but I reckon Patrick and Lisbon need some indercover stuff where they have to act Married where a bit of kissing or fake sex is on the cards and I think Patrick has all the control and confidence in the relationship so I think that Lisbon needs to get a lover to show Patrick that he will miss out if he don't up the anti!!! I think working with the FBI May give them these opportunities!!! We need to be seen some more out their love and fantasy cos it's just a tease and really pissing me off!!!

Message Posted On Nov 26th, 2013, 1:47 am
Ilove all the main characters in the mentalist, i hope Amanda and Yeoman dont live the show....

Message Posted On Nov 24th, 2013, 5:45 pm
It's really annoying...Heller don't give a shit about fans. We want Jane and Lisbon together. Now that Red John is dead, they need to be together. I don't know what's going on Heller's head, but the story he's building from now on it's not fair. We're waiting for romance between them, just let it happen as soon as possible!!

Message Posted On Nov 14th, 2013, 5:47 am
I would like to see them together, I really love the way how they are developing their relationship....5 star!
ittookmelongertothinkofth

Message Posted On Sep 9th, 2013, 4:53 am
hopefully we get some kind of development, because its beginning to feel like the same kind of episode every other episode unless its the last episode. Ya Know
lockjaw

Since: 20/Feb/08
Message Posted On Aug 29th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Their pairing definitely opens up some interesting possibilities no matter what else happens with the Red John storyline. I'll be interested to see, if they indeed go beyond season 6, just how they'll use the relationship to keep the series alive.

Message Posted On Aug 28th, 2013, 11:38 am
I have always thought they would get together, but I like the way they haven't made it a huge deal in the show, some shows ride on the sexual tension for years. Is this the last season? because if not, where do they go once Red John is caught/killed?