'King & Maxwell' Cancelled by TNT

King & Maxwell

'King & Maxwell' have closed their last case.

Word came down from the TNT brass today that there will be no second season for the under-performing action-procedural. The series opened with 3.5 million viewers and held on to most of them throughout a ten-episode premiere season, however those numbers were not enough to entice TNT into another helping.

Starring Jon Tenny ('Major Crimes,' 'The Closer') as Sean King and Rebecca Romijn ('NTSF:SD:SUV,' TNT'Eastwick,' 'Ugly Betty') as Michelle Maxwell, the series was based on popular novel characters by writer David Baldacci. The TNT description reads: "Sean King and Michelle Maxwell aren't your typical pair of private investigators. Both are former Secret Service agents, and their unique skill set (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) often gives them a leg up on both suspects and conventional law enforcement."

'King & Maxwell's timeslot directly followed Tenny's other series, 'Major Crimes.' 'Crimes' consistently brought in over 5 million viewers, so the fact that millions of viewers were lost once 'King & Maxwell' began likely had a lot to do with TNT's lack of confidence in the series.

Now that the axe has fallen on 'King & Maxell,' the only TNT series remaining in limbo is 'Franklin & Bash.' 'Bash' recently concluded their third season and has far more of a built-in fanbase than 'King & Maxwell,' however three seasons could very well be as much life as legal dramedy has in it.

Earlier this year TNT renewed 'Rizzoli & Isles,' 'Major Crimes,' 'Perception' and 'Falling Skies,' although there will be a change of showrunner on 'Rizzoli & Isles' during the off-season.

- Turner Network Television
- Rebecca Romijn
- King & Maxwell

Written by: bad_subject
Sep 20th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Images courtesy of Jan Thijs, TNT

Message Posted On Jan 19th, 2014, 4:02 am
I have been waiting for this show to come back on! It's ridiculous to cancel a show after one season!

Message Posted On Dec 27th, 2013, 5:36 am
Too bad you cancelled the show. I looked forward to it every week. There are other shows that I wouldn't waste anytime but you keep plugging them.

Message Posted On Dec 22nd, 2013, 2:23 am
Finally there is an intelligent, well-written and well-executed TV show with characters you look forward to seeing each week....and TNT pulls the plug....The show deserves another chance somewhere...

Message Posted On Oct 27th, 2013, 12:45 pm
Really disappointing. This was a really good fun show. I hope they will rethink and give it another chance. I use to rewatch the show a few times while I wait for the next episode.

Message Posted On Sep 29th, 2013, 11:31 am
Wish they give this show another chance. Good chemistry with the characters. Edgar was GREAT!!! This show made me want to watch TNT.
ROSIEWOLF

Since: 09/Sep/12
Message Posted On Sep 24th, 2013, 5:05 pm

I'm really very tired of TV execs thinking they know better than their viewing public what is 'good' for us.. grrrrr.. what, they think they are politicians now??  This country is going to Hell in a handbasket and everytime there is a tv show that is family friendly, doesn't have a ton of "GDs, Shites, etc, and other cuss words", it gets the ax!!!  WHY do they only want us to watch useless 'reality' shows and gangster crap????  WHAT IS WRONG WITH U MORONS????  If i want "reality" i turn the tv off and go fishing!  If i want gangster crap, all i have to do is go downtown to the drug-dealer infested neighborhoods in my city!  Now I hear Rizzoli and Isles has been cancelled, and that is just more BS from the studio execs!  Enough already!  Keep the 'clean' shows and get rid of the other crap, and ur audiences will return!!!!!!!!!!  morons.. arghhhhhhhhh

tinalessia

Since: 12/Oct/07
Message Posted On Sep 21st, 2013, 4:32 pm

I really liked this show also. I've read the book series so I'd really looked forward to this. Not to mention Jon Tenny... MEEE OW!!!! Please put him on another show at least!

baconTV

Since: 27/Jun/11
Message Posted On Sep 21st, 2013, 2:10 pm

Let's have a show where channel executives are hooked to electrodes and the audience votes on the pain they suffer for their show decisions.

Message Posted On Sep 21st, 2013, 8:07 am
I normally don't watch TNT and I loved this show! Won't be watching it anymore. Very disappointed to hear this. Rebecca and John had awesome chemistry. Some other channel pick this show up please!!!

Message Posted On Sep 21st, 2013, 6:28 am
Shucks!! I was looking forward to finding out who was behind the Conspiracy. Well, at least we know where "The Machine" went from P.O.I. "The Machine" is Edgar Roy.
1 2 | Next page>>