Cinemax Renews (and Cancels) 'Strike Back'

Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton on Strike Back

It looks like 'Strike Back' will be...erm...striking back one last time. Cinemax has recently announced that the network's action-thriller series has been picked up for a fourth and final season that's scheduled to premiere sometime in 2014. The series will return for a 10 episode arc, but after that, we're afraid it's light out.

Cinemax/HBO will once again co-produce the series with partners Left Bank and Sky, which will air the series in the UK. Also returning are executive producers Andy Harries and Sky’s Cameron Roach as well as Michael J. Bassett who will act as co-executive producer, writer and director.

As for its leading men, actor Philip Winchester plays Sergant Michael Stonebridge, a steely British special-forces soldier, while Sullivan Stapleton, (who also happens to be the star of the upcoming '300' sequel), portrays Sergant Damien Scott, a renegade former U.S. Delta Force commando. So even if military fighting isn't really your bag, there's still plenty of eye-candy to hold your interest during the show's final swan song. (Note: for further proof please refer to the image above.)

The show just recently wrapped it's third season on Oct. 18, where the dynamic duo prevented a major attack at a U.S. military base. Will you be tuning in to see how it all plays out? Are you sad to see the show go?

Sound off on your thoughts about 'Strike Back' and its impending conclusion in the comments below!

- CINEMAX
- Philip Winchester
- Sullivan Stapleton
- Strike Back

Written by: Kelly Schremph
Oct 28th, 2013, 4:02 am

Images courtesy of CineMax

Aria

Message Posted On Mar 21st, 2014, 6:47 pm
Great show haven't had enough sad to hear it's been cancled
Dominik MJ

Message Posted On Mar 18th, 2014, 11:28 am
Strike Back is absolutely awesome. I have no clue, why they are cancelling it! Even with different actors [e.g. season 1] - it was just a winning recipe. I will be very sad, if it ends. Still - it should be better marketed as well. I came across just due to a coincidence [and never looked back ever since!]. Can they not just produce it for youtube?
docpea

Since: 13/Feb/12
Message Posted On Feb 25th, 2014, 6:36 pm

One of the best series ever. Shame about the impending cancellation. I'm all in favour of cancelling whilst people are still wanting more and not waiting for the show to stagnate; however, I should have thought that this programme was a long way yet off stagnation.

bricenott

Since: 06/Mar/09
Message Posted On Dec 2nd, 2013, 4:15 am

I say, after 24, I found "Justified" and between seasons I found about this series, which off I'm completely addicted to.  If Sky and Cinemax is going to leave it I would hope for someone that next year would pick it up and would put some money and brains into it because it has a lot of potential for a broather target... Sorry for my spanish... Long live SB...

Osh

Message Posted On Nov 16th, 2013, 2:00 am
Yes it will be a sad day. I dont know if any of you can remember The Unit But simlar type and that got canned as well But a US one this time . . And that was rearlly good. But like a lot of the US shows they get canned well before they should Andsome just as they are starting to get good.. They take the decision early on but will never revers it will they lol

Message Posted On Oct 29th, 2013, 6:39 am
I got confused and worried for a while there to, went hunting for more info, 10 episodes same as we got this time. Atleast we have a reason to live till this time next year, life without not worth living, yes it's that good! Maybe, they'll extend it, there is a chance right!! pls!!
lockjaw

Since: 20/Feb/08
Message Posted On Oct 28th, 2013, 10:15 pm

I just hate to see this one go as I love these tatical commando type dramas.  The chemistry between the two leads really did put this one directly on target for me. Yes, the earlier seasons were the better ones, but I'd rather be watching the later seasons of this rather than some of the dreck the major networks shovel out.

mcw

Since: 03/Jan/10
Message Posted On Oct 28th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Yes, this will be the FIFTH and final season, not FOURTH... Remember, the listing for Strike Back on here includes the original UK series (season 1). All my date corrections were dropped for Strike Back season 4 because they use the UK air date for all seasons, even though Season 4 already completed airing.

But anyway - at least they will be able to write a finale knowing that it will be the end. I so hate it when shows are dropped without a fair send off. But, I agree with MacAtk - I really hope they don't end with a mass obliteration.

Di06

Message Posted On Oct 28th, 2013, 4:11 pm
Not Happy strike back 1 of my favorite shows will miss the boys and all the excitement of there gun battles.the story lines have always been good.

Message Posted On Oct 28th, 2013, 12:36 pm
i think you mean season 5 , cuz i just finshed wating season 4 ?! the 1st and the 2nd season were good but the laters seasons ( s03.s04 ) are really bad, unreal the best was with Richard Armitage and Andrew Lincoln
1 2 | Next page>>