Okay guys, someone has obviously been reading my wishlist to Santa this year because BBC One has just released a TON of new 'Sherlock' photos (30 to be exact) from the show's upcoming third season. That's an awful lot of Benedict Cumberbatch to throw at us all at once. Can our hearts handle so much wonderfulness? Let's find out!
Aside from the first official photo and an all-too-brief teaser trailer, this is by far the biggest glimpse fans have been given of the highly anticipated Season 3 installment, which is slated to air on New Year's Day in the U.K. But, if anything, these photos raise more questions than answers.
Such as, what prompts Watson (Martin Freeman) to shave off his mustache? Or, better yet, what drove him to grow one in the first place? Maybe it has something to do with Sherlock's return...or the appearance of his new lady love. Regardless, these pictures are definitely the best thing you will see all week...and possibly all year.
Feast your eyes on the glorious images below and prepare to be Sher-locked!
1. You probably recognize these guys.
2. They star in a little detective show called 'Sherlock.' You may have heard of it.
3. They're kind of a big deal.
4. Poor John Watson has been waiting two whole years to discover how (and why) his roomie faked his own death.
5. So has Sherlock's brother, Mycroft.
6. Mrs. Hudson seems a bit stumped by the whole thing as well.
7. Hey look, it's Molly!
8. She's just the best.
9. And who could forget Inspector Lestrade? Quite the silver fox, that one.
10. Reunited and it feels so good. Though one face is a little unfamiliar...
11. I'm, of course, referring to Mary Morstan, Watson's new love interest.
12. Fun fact: the actress who plays her, Amanda Abbington, is actually Martin Freeman's real-life partner.
13. Is it just me or does Sherlock look a little jealous?
14. He's probably just worried that their bromance is being threatened.
15. But we would never let that happen. Neither would Watson.
16. I mean, the fan fiction pretty much writes itself here.
17. Seriously guys, stop. I can't handle it!
18. Just. Pure. Gold.
19. Lestrade is so over it.
20. Maybe this could eventually happen?
21. Then again, maybe not, depending on who this guy is.
22. But Sherlock looks so good in a tux...
23. And hats...
24. Just pretty much anything in general.
25. He stops traffic.
26. There's that mustache again.
27. And now it's gone.
28. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!
29. Curse this show and its many mind games, amirite, Mrs. Hudson?
30. Just kidding! I love everything about it, especially this guy.
'Sherlock' kicks off its third season premiere in the U.K. on Jan. 1 on BBC One.