Get ready, because it’s time to meet the characters of the ‘Supernatural’ spin-off, ‘Supernatural: Tribes’!
Thanks to TVLine, we now have a list of humans, hunters and monsters that will grace The CW screen. Before we dive into the villainous pool that we’ve all come to know and love thanks to Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles), here’s a small rundown of the spin-off, which we’ll first get a taste of as a backdoor pilot during Episode 20 of ‘Supernatural.’
Based in Chicago, the spin-off is said to revolve around an “epic battle” between five rival monster families (let’s hope one of these families resembles the Mikaelsons from ‘The Originals’) and a “vengeance-seeking hunter.”
Now for the breakdown of characters:
1. Ennis Roth: As the star of the pilot, and potential series, Ennis (producers are said to be hunting for an African-American actor in his early 20s for the part) is described as “likeable, strong-willed, resolute, with a strong sense of justice.” Sounds a lot like Sam and Dean, right? Not only is his father a cop, but he’s following in daddy’s footsteps by enrolling in the police academy, but before he can follow that route someone close to him is murdered -- by a monster. Enter Sam and Dean to help Ennis, where they learn “the staggering truth” aka five monster families (including, “but not limited to,” werewolves and shape-shifters), are controlling the Windy City.
2. David Hayden: Next we have David, a shape-shifter, in his early 20s, of one of the five families. Trying to live a human life, David gets thrown back into his monstrous life after some type of tragedy.
3. Margo Hayden: As David’s “ex-punk rocker gone corporate” sister, Margo is described as a “professional, strong-willed, determined, ambitious” shape-shifter. Margo, also in her early 20s, isn’t one to sit back and wait for success, as she is on the hunt to become the new family leader.
4. Violet Durant: An early-twentysomething werewolf of the “wealthy” and “powerful" Durant family, Violet has eyes for shape-shifter David, but like every love story their romance is off limits, which means they'll probably make it happen.
5. Julian Durant: He’s Violet’s twentysomething brother, and is said to be “savagely handsome, strong [and] arrogant.” Oh, and he’s also Ennis’ “arch nemesis.”
6. Freddie Costa: Last, we have Freddie, who’s a “world-weary” cop in his 30s. Not only does he feel for Ennis, since he knew his father, but Freddie also has a secret.
Luckily, we’ll get to meet each character above during Episode 20. ‘Supernatural’ airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.