It has been confirmed that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be returning as host for the upcoming 18th season of 'Dancing With The Stars.'
'DWTS' executive producer Conrad Green released a statement that said, "We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season. She's been a wonderful part of the 'Dancing With The Stars' family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
Reportedly, Burke-Charvet was completely unaware that her job was on the line. "I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting 'DWTS' but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture,” she said in a statement. “I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
She also expressed her dismay via Twitter, and announced, "Shocking pre-season elimination: Tom Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning."
This isn’t the first unexpected firing from the popular reality series. Earlier this month, veteran orchestrator Harold Wheeler and his 28-member group of musicians and singers were let go by the network. They were replaced by a live backing band with pre-existing sound recordings.
‘Dancing With the Stars’ returns Monday, March 17 at 8/7c on ABC.