||played John Ross "J.R." Ewing, Jr. in Dallas (1978)
John Ross "J.R." Ewing, Jr.
Place of Birth:
Southfork Ranch, Dallas, Texas (1939)
University of Texas
Enlisted in the Army in 1960; fought in Vietnam
- Sue Ellen Shepherd, 1971-1981 (divorced)
- Sue Ellen Shepherd, 1982-1988 (divorced)
- Cally Harper, 1988-1990 (divorced)
- Vanessa Beaumont, 1990 (engaged)
- Ewing Oil, 1960s-1987, 1988-1990
- JRE Enterprises, 1987-1988
- Ewing & Ewing, 1991
- West Star Oil, 1996-??
- Father: Jock Ewing
- Mother: Eleanor Southworth 'Miss Ellie' Ewing Farlow
- Step Father: Clayton Farlow
- Siblings: Brothers Gary and Bobby Ewing; paternal half brother Ray Krebbs
- Children: John Ross Ewing III (by Sue Ellen Shepherd); James Beaumont (by Vanessa Beaumont); unknown son by Cally Harper
- Grandchildren: Jimmy Beaumont
- Larry Hagman is the only cast member to appear in all 357 episodes of Dallas
- Larry Hagman made several guest appearances on Knots Landing as J.R. Ewing, the first being in "Community Spirit."
||played John Ross 'J.R.' Ewing Jr. [Season 1-2] in Dallas (2012)
The infamous, scheming J.R. Ewing is officially back at Southfork and ready to take over the newest Ewing venture, Ewing Energies. But with his scheming son John Ross out to prove himself, J.R. might need to step up his game and show his own son how it's really done. J.R. knows the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree and continues to enlist the help of John Ross to claim total ownership of Ewing Energies. After years of fighting over power and oil, J.R.'s relationship with his brother Bobby is strained, despite Bobby's best efforts to put their past behind them. J.R. still has oil in his blood and on his brain, and he will stop at nothing to take back power and seize control of Southfork and Ewing Energies once and for all.