|1. She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.
2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a tumble dryer.
3. Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.
4. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
5. McMurphy fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled with vegetable soup.
6. Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the centre
7. The dandelion swayed in the gentle breeze like an oscillating electric fan set on medium.
8. Her vocabulary was as bad as, kinda' like, sorta, whatever.
9. He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
10. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease
11. Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Ballina at 6:36 pm travelling at 55 mph, the other from Claremorris 4:19pm at a speed of 35 mph.
12. The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the full stop after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.
13. John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
14. The thunder was ominous sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet of metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.
15. The red brick wall was the colour of a brick-red crayon.
16. Even in his last years, Granddad had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long it had rusted shut.
17. Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
18. The plan was simple, like my brother Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.
19. The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating