TV
ECW => Forum Index => ECW May Lose SciFi Channel
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, October 19th 2007 at 1:43 pm
An article from PW Insider states:
WWE has announced that effective immediately they will begin airing full ECW TV episodes on the official WWE web site. This further raises questions that ECW’s television deal with the Sci-Fi Network will not be renewed past the end of 2007.

Shane McMahon, who was very supportive of WWE bringing back ECW, had suggested when the company had first decided to resurrect the brand that the company run ECW TV on the WWE web site to support the brand on smaller scale, much like the original ECW. However, when Vince McMahon got firmly behind the project, he demanded a larger scale and wanted a television clearance for ECW.

With the sinking ratings, lack of talent, and the announcement that SmackDown stars will begin appearing on ECW television, it looks like ECW will slowly evolve into something similar to WWE.com HEAT. From everything that we have heard from WWE’s recent overseas tour is that the ECW brand is heading for oblivion.
marvelfan89

Level 6 (25%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Saturday, October 20th 2007 at 1:45 am
When it comes to this stuff I take it with a grain of salt. From what I heard though things aren't dead in the water. They may air the shows on WWE.com but they are still selling tickets and what not till December
(isn't that when the contract with Sci-Fi ends?)

I'am also hearing a different story of things from another board. I'am not up to date about the ratings but from what I heard from one source is that Sci-Fi is happy with ECW....well have to see two months from now.

I don't know it doesn't sound that bad.

DeathIsARight

Level 5 (79%)
Mood: dirty
Since: 25/Mar/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 15th 2008 at 2:08 am
2008 and it's still here. Story is false.

WATCH: Cilla Episode 2 Preview

After achieving overnight ratings of 6.7 million viewers last night, itv have today released a..

Robert Sugden Returns to Emmerdale

Life in the Dales is about to be turned upside down for Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) as his..

'Madam Secretary' Giveaway Press Release from CBS

CBS Aligns with Georgetown Cupcake to Promote the Network's New Drama..