Login or register  
TV
Simon Schama's Power Of Art => Forum Index => Rothko – Seagram Building Murals (1958-9)
guytwo

Level 14 (88%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, July 30th 2007 at 9:14 pm
New York, 1958. Rothko is commissioned to paint a series of large abstractions for what will be the Seagram Building restaurant - the Four Seasons, mid-town Manhattan. It is, says Rothko, "a place where the richest bastards in New York will come to feed and show off… I hope to ruin the appetite of every son of a b***h who eats in that room".

LMAO My kind of man but my mind drifted so much it's like I didn't even see the show. At least I had enough sense to tape it to re-watch later.
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, July 30th 2007 at 9:42 pm
Hmmm... as much as I like Rothko's attitude, I may pass on this one. Perhaps I'll just tune in for the last 15 minutes.
guytwo

Level 14 (88%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 31st 2007 at 7:22 am
A good decision and I'll probably not re watch. I think this is the last of the series.
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 31st 2007 at 8:22 am
I skipped the first 20 minutes, then sat down to watch it. Maybe I just didn't expect much after your report of boredom, but I actually though it was interesting. Rothko was a lot more serious and devoted to his art than I knew. I loved how he stuck it to the rich bastards and didn't sell them the murals. That amused me.

Cameron Mathison Announced as Host of W Network's 'Game of Homes'

Ex-soap star Cameron Mathison has been announced as the host..

Nick Frost and Michael Troughton to guest star on Doctor Who Christmas Special

It has been confirmed that Nick Frost and Michael Troughton..

WATCH: X Factor Preview Clips

A number of clips have been released ahead of tomorrow nights 'X Factor'. Here Chloe Jasmine..