Login or register  
TV
Simon Schama's Power Of Art => Forum Index => Rothko – Seagram Building Murals (1958-9)
guytwo

Level 14 (83%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, July 30th 2007 at 9:14 pm
New York, 1958. Rothko is commissioned to paint a series of large abstractions for what will be the Seagram Building restaurant - the Four Seasons, mid-town Manhattan. It is, says Rothko, "a place where the richest bastards in New York will come to feed and show off… I hope to ruin the appetite of every son of a b***h who eats in that room".

LMAO My kind of man but my mind drifted so much it's like I didn't even see the show. At least I had enough sense to tape it to re-watch later.
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, July 30th 2007 at 9:42 pm
Hmmm... as much as I like Rothko's attitude, I may pass on this one. Perhaps I'll just tune in for the last 15 minutes.
guytwo

Level 14 (83%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 31st 2007 at 7:22 am
A good decision and I'll probably not re watch. I think this is the last of the series.
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 31st 2007 at 8:22 am
I skipped the first 20 minutes, then sat down to watch it. Maybe I just didn't expect much after your report of boredom, but I actually though it was interesting. Rothko was a lot more serious and devoted to his art than I knew. I loved how he stuck it to the rich bastards and didn't sell them the murals. That amused me.

Leslie Bibb Joins 'The Odd Couple'

Leslie Bibb will have a recurring role in the upcoming remake of 'The Odd Couple'...

Rage Ratings Review - Wednesday 20th August - US - Cable Highlights

With such a large choice of cable channels out there, TVRage's Ratings..

Andrew Younghusband Talks 'Don't Drive Here' Season 2

I had a chance to catch up with Andrew Younghusband a couple of..