“Nigeria's Next Top Model”
was scheduled to become a regular weekly reality TV series seen not only in Nigeria but many other African countries. They however were not able to secure the official rights to officially use the Top Model name. They decided instead to hold a one-night only competition in London. The selection criteria for contestants included women only between the ages of 18 and 28, a minimum height of 5.8”, could not wear more than a size 12 dress, engaged in formal studies/professional career woman and Nigerian by birth, parentage, grand parentage which they reserve the right to ask that the contestant prove this fact at any time. The overall winner of the competition would receive:
- Worldwide recognition as the Nigerian Top Model 2007 and featured on TV, Radio and Print advertising campaigns and fashion promotional campaigns and events.
- Featured in prominent ethnic and mainstream UK magazines.
- The opportunity to be showcased as the ‘Face of New Nigeria’ as part of the ongoing ‘Heart of Africa’ rebranding campaign
- Opportunity to take part aboard the CATWALK THE WORLD Charity Fashion Event in Johannesburg South Africa
- Sessions with award winning professional photographers in order that enviable professional model portfolios can be put together
- A cash prizes of £1000
- Wardrobe maintenance for the year
- A working holiday trip to Nigeria as part of the worldwide exposure campaign to work aboard UNICEF projects in Nigeria with young children
- Free spa weekend
- Editorial spread and photo shoot courtesy of the very excellent Diamond Touch Magazine and top class couturier
- Make up sessions with a leading makeup artist to the stars - MINK Cosmetics
- Several styling sessions with award winning hair stylists.
- Free nail and body care maintenance for the whole year courtesy of Harriet Stein – Beauty Inn – London
- Plus many other prizes.
The one night competition was such a huge success that they decided to call the one night competition their 1st cycle and to continue trying to secure the official rights to officially use the Top Model name. Because of this they are convinced they will have no problem securing the rights and have already announced plans to hold Cycle 2 as a weekly competition back in Nigeria sometime in 2008. This series would then officially become a spin-off of the series “America’s Next Top Model”
that was created by the beautiful, talented and sexy actress and supermodel Tyra Banks.
9/10 (1 Vote cast)