Wendy: What’s up with the droid?
The Middleman: She’s listening to chatter.
The Middleman: CIA, NSA, Interpol, local police. They tend to ignore the important things so we keep an ear to their frequencies for anything that might require our… special touch.
Wendy: Just how much “special touching” do we do?
The Middleman: Remember the mutant lama invasion of ’06? The second werewolf administration?. The day without wheat?
Wendy: Wait. The second werewolf administration?
The Middleman: Vigilance is the name of the game.
The Middleman: When people like he start asking questions, sometimes we have to take measures.
Wendy: Define “measures.”
The Middleman: A local reporter once asked too many questions about our operating parameters. Days later he received a lucrative offer from a TV station in another town.
Wendy: That doesn’t sound so bad.
The Middleman: In Greenland.
Ida I told young Tyler to scram.
Wendy: You made the cute boy go bye-bye?
Wendy: Ghosts? Sweet.
The Middleman: Dubbie, there’s nothing sweet about ghosts. Sprits only linger in this world when they have unfinished business, violent vengeful business.
Wendy: But Casper’s such a friendly guy.
The Middleman: It may all seem like light and magic at first, but the next thing you know the walls are bleeding and you’ve got 25 pregnant women running around screaming “Mary, Mary, Mary!” and clawing their eyes out with knitting needles while your own hair grows to three times its length and tries to strangle you.
Wendy: That sounds… specific.
Louis: But I swear these boobs may be fake, but that emergency phone call was real. (the Middleman scans him) Oh, man, you’re gonna rough me up. I’ve got rights, you know.
The Middleman: Louis, I would never hit a man in a dress unless I’d exhausted all other options.
The Middleman: Dubbie, I can badger my way into Fort Knox. I can talk my way into Lincoln’s bedroom. But a sorority house? When it comes to that forbidden stronghold of femininity, I’m afraid penetration is nearly impossible.
Wendy: That’s not what I’ve heard about the Omegas! Ooh! (the Middleman stares) Never mind.
The Middleman: I hate the idea of sending you alone again an angry minion of the spirit world. If I had the physique for it, I’d pull on pumps, a flowery skirt, and a pair of sheer panty hose and go in there myself.
Wendy: I was just in a room standing next to a perfectly normal flesh-and-blood coed who was talking to me, and next to her a spectral apparition that looked just like her!
The Middleman: Ghost of the living!
Wendy: Is that one of your snappy exclamations, or are you just defining what we’re up against?
The Middleman: A little of both, I suppose.
Wendy: Hey, what’s all that noise? It sounds like Caligula is raging in the living room.
Allie: I don’t know who Caligula is, but if she’s like a total drunken slut, then yeah.
The Middleman: Dubbie, you and I are soldiers in arms. Our lives are intertwined in a way that generally only happens in battle. I think of you as… a brother, and in return you should feel comfortable speaking to me as if I were one of your women friends.
Wendy: Wow. That analogy so didn’t go where I thought it was going. But I appreciate the sentiment.
The episode is filled with references to the movie Ghostbusters
* 55 Ray Parker Jr. Ave refers to the movie's theme song singer.
* The Egon Spengler Memorial Award refers to Egon Spengler (Harold Ramis), another of the Ghostbusters.
* The Middleman uses the aliases Dr. Stantz and Dr. Zeddemore, referencing Dr. Raymond Stantz (Dan Ackroyd) and Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson).
* Louis is the name of Louis Tully (Rick Moranis).
* The radio code names Gatekeeper and Keymaster refer to the two possessing spirits that take over Louis and Dana Barrett (Sigourney Weaver).
* The sorority photo names two of the ghosts as Dana Barrett and Janine Melnitz: Janine Melnitz is the Ghostbusters' secretary (Annie Potts).
* "Positron Collider" is another name for the Proton Pack, the backpack equipment used by the Ghostbusters.
* "I don't know if she had legs but she definitely had arms" is a line spoken by Louis in the movie when talking about a female ghost.
* Gozarian lenses, PKE meters, and neutrona wands and are all pieces of equipment mentioned in the movie.
* "Total photonic reversal" is a term mentioned near the end of the movie.
* Reitman University is named after Ivan Reitman, the movie director.