* The series is loosely based on Francisco Ibáñez's renowned comic strip "13, rue del Percebe", which also features a hilarious and disastrous group of neighbors living in the same building.
* Emilio's most famous line, "Un poquito de por favor! (a little please!)" was brought to the character by Fernando Tejero himself. He said that line for the first time when he was an acting student, while asking for silence during a performance. He messed up with the words "un poquito de silencio, por favor (a little silence, please!)". The quote has since become his trademark and a very popular line in Spain.
* (Emma Penella)'s quote "Go Away, Mr. Cuesta!" is a variation of former Spanish President Aznar's famous "Go away, Mr. González!", referred to the then head of the Government Felipe González.
* The most watched Spanish series in Spain, with an average of 40% of share.
* Emma Ozores was suggested for the role of Isabel "La Yerbas" (Isabel Ordaz). At the same time, Isabel Ordaz was suggested for the role of Paloma Cuesta (Loles León).
* The show has the only elevator in a Spanish show that goes up and down.
* In 2006, Tele5 bought the 15% from the producer company Miaramon Mendi. Antena 3's contract with Miramon Mendi expired and didn't made a new one. The show ended in Antena 3 and now is from Tele5.
* Paloma's accident at the end of second season was included because Loles León asked for a bigger amount of money for next season. Producers decided they couldn't afford it so Paloma was in a coma for the entire third season. In the premiere episode of season four Paloma had awakened and was played in a couple of scenes by a double with a wig, but her face wasn't shown. In that episode she had another accident and she entered again in a coma. Paloma eventually died in one of the last episodes of season five, but her death wasn't shown on screen. Rumours of Loles León's return were persistent for all the years the series was broadcast.