Max Greenfield is best known these as “Schmidt” from Fox’s hit “The New Girl.” Though he plays the womanizer “douche bag” of the group who never gets any women, in real life he’s nothing like his on-screen alter ego.
1. He’s a dad! When he’s out in public with his toddler, Lily, she gets confused when girls call him Schmidt and ask for a photo. He says she’s too young to understand that it’s his job.
2. Max got his start on the cult classic Veronica Mars. He played Leo D’Amato Veronica’s nice, and often helpful, deputy sheriff boyfriend.
3. Rihanna is one of his favorite musicians. When dressed up as “Fat Schmidt” on the set he even made a YouTube video dancing to Rihanna. However, Extra was on set and owned rights to “Fat Schmidt,” so he had to remove the video immediately.
4. Remember the uber cute French TA Calvin dated on “Greek?” Max played Michael, the first boy Calvin publicly dated on the teen drama. Michael and Calvin’s first kiss on May 26, 2008’s “Tale of Two Parties” episode was the first gay kiss ever aired on ABC Family.
5. Ray Ramano is his hero. "I want Ray Romano to play my dad because he's the best," he told E! Online.
6. Max went into his second audition for “The New Girl” convinced he wouldn’t get the part. After a “chemistry reading” with Zooey Deschanel he felt depressed that he wouldn’t get the part because she was the perfect Jess. Good news for Max, he got the part!
7. He plays fantasy football on “The Gentlemen’s League.” Ben Lyons from E! News claims Max is “bad” at fantasy football, but Max says he’s not “THAT bad.”
8. DeSean Jackson taught Max how to Dougie on “The Gentlemen’s League.” Max had never heard of the dance before and since learning, he’s hooked.
9. Fox made him joined Twitter after getting the part as Schmidt. “It’s awkward at first,” Max admitted to E! News, but now he feels like it’s second nature to tweet.