After last week’s episode of ‘The Mentalist,’ fans are anticipating what’s coming next in the hunt for serial killer Red John. Well, in two weeks, Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) will finally come face-to-face with the man who killed his beloved wife and daughter. So, what stands between us and that exciting moment? One more episode, titled “The Great Red Dragon”!
Last night, I screened the upcoming episode and my head’s still spinning. As badly as I want to reveal all of the spoilers, I can’t. However, I can offer up five teases to hold you over, until the episode airs Sunday. If you want to remain completely teaser-free, then read no further!
1. Remember that big explosion? Well, not only does it result in injuries and a hospital visit, but it also produces bodies and body parts. Did Jane’s Red John list just get smaller?
2. The secret organization of corrupt cops and other government officials comes to light -- even more so than it already has. Basically, Lisbon (Robin Tunney), Jane and the gang can’t trust anyone. Oh, and we learn the association’s name, which just might have something do with “Tiger, Tiger.”
3. One of the Red John suspects uses a group of SWAT teams to help him with a disappearing act. Will Jane catch on? What do you think?
4. Jane gets to look one of the Red John suspects in the eye and ask, “Did you murder my wife and daughter?”
5. Rockmond Dunbar makes his debut as series regular FBI Supervisory Agent Dennis Abbott. Let’s just say he’s pretty hardcore, and he won’t be tolerating Jane and his antics.
‘The Mentalist’ airs Sundays at 10/9c on CBS.