Last year, CBS’ ‘Elementary’ was a huge success, not only because it focuses on the Sherlock Holmes character, but also due to the brilliant work of Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Well, the two are back for another season filled with more cases, mysteries and schemes.
A few moments ago, I finished watching the Season 2 premiere. For me, it was like the show never went on break, and I was able to dive back into Sherlock’s world made up of craziness and shenanigans -- which seem to always get the job done. Like last season, this season once again showcases the fabulous chemistry between Miller as Sherlock and Liu as Joan Watson. These two were always meant to be on the small screen together, if I do say so myself.
I’d love to to tell you word-for-word what went down in the episode, titled “Step Nine,” but I hate to spoil the entire episode for you! So, here are just a few highlights to satisfy those curiousity-filled taste buds.
1. The episode title, “Step Nine,” comes into play throughout the episode. For those wondering, Step Nine = to make amends to people you’ve harmed.
2. When we first see Sherlock, he may or may not be educating Watson about carrier pigeons.
3. Liu’s ‘Charlie’s Angels’ and ‘Kill Bill’ fighting skills come into handy for her Watson character.
4. The majority of the episode takes place in London, where ‘Elementary’ actually filmed.
5. We get to jam to an amazing Oasis song, “Hello,” which plays while Sherlock and Watson are arriving in London and driving to Scotland Yard.
6. Sherlock’s old London pad is shown, and [SPOILER] is living there.
7. Addiction is a main topic throughout the episode, but not the kind you’re thinking.
8. Watson really starts to come into her own as an investigator.
9. Sherlock learns what it’s like to care about an addict.
10. Lastly, we meet Mycroft Holmes (Rhys Ifans), or as Sherlock might call his brother, “Fatty.”
You can catch the Season 2 ‘Elementary’ premiere on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10/9c.